Planar Schottky Varactor Diode Characterization for MMIC Voltage Controlled Oscillator Applications
A technique for characterization and modeling of planar varactor diodes is presented. The diode structures were fabricated on a low cost GaAs process, measured in a shunt configuration, and subsequently modeled. The simulations are in good agreement with the measured data. The planar device was integrated in an MMIC VCO and the measured performance conforms to the design objectives.
KeywordsGaAs MMIC Varactor diode VCO
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
The authors wish to thank the fabrication team at GAETEC for processing the devices.
- 1.D. Hoag, A. Rozbicki, J. Brogle, R. Robertson and R. Lewis, Proc. European Microwave Integrated Circuits Conference, 04, 160 (2009).Google Scholar
- 2.J. Castelino, P. Wong, E. Sijercic, B. Pejcinovic and A. Baric, Proc. IEEE ICECS, 03, 487 (2003).Google Scholar
- 3.S. Lucysyzn, J. Luck, G. Green and I.D. Robertson, IEEE MTT-S, 259 (1992).Google Scholar
- 4.V.K Arora, Proximity Fuzes Theory and Techniques (Defence Scientific Information and Documentation Center, Delhi, 2010).Google Scholar
- 5.M/ACOM, www.macomtech.com/datasheets/MA46410-480 (2012).