Co-existence of Multiferroic Memories in CoFe2O4/Bi3.4Sm0.6Ti3O12 Composite Structures
CoFe2O4/Bi3.4 Sm0.6Ti3O12/bilayer films were synthesized by chemical solution route and deposited by spin coating on Pt (Pt/TiO2/SiO2/Si) substrate. X-ray diffraction of the bilayer and multilayer structures revealed the composite-like structure. Dielectric spectroscopy shows relaxation in dielectric loss and reaches ~1 % at 106 Hz. CoFe2O4/Bi3.4Sm0.6Ti3O12 system shows the co-existence of ferroelectric polarization Pr > 40 μC/cm2 and magnetization Mr = 52 emu/cm3 for bilayer, and Pr = 60 μC/cm2 Mr = 72 emu/cm3, respectively, for four alternate layers, has been achieved at room temperature. Different permittivity and permeability may affects the coupling parameters may give rise to simultaneous ferromagnetic and ferroelectric responses.
This work was supported by the DoE-EPSCoR grant No. DE-FG-02-08ER46526 at the University of Puerto Rico system, and we gratefully acknowledge it.
- 1.B. Aurivillius, Arkiv F. Kemi 1, 463 (1949)Google Scholar
- 2.E. C. Subbarao, J. Phys. Chem. Solids 23, 665 (1962)Google Scholar
- 4.U. Chon, H. M. Jang, M. G. Kim, and C. H. Chang, Phys. Rev. Lett. 89, 087601-1 (2002)Google Scholar
- 6.M. S. Tomar, R. E. Melgarejo, and S. P. Singh, Microelectronics. J. 36, 574 (2005)Google Scholar
- 7.H. Zheng, J. Wang, S. E. Lofland, Z. Ma, L. Mohaddes-Ardabili, T. Zhao, L. Salamanca-Riba, S. R. Shinde, S. B. Ogale, F. Bai, D. Viehland, Y. Jia, D. G. Schlom, M. Wuttig, A. Roytbur, and R. Ramesh, Science 303, 661, (2004)Google Scholar
- 8.A. Charris-Hernandez, R. Melgarejo, D. Barrionuevo, A. Kumar, and M. S. Tomar, J. Appl. Phys. 114, 034108 (2013)Google Scholar