A Self-tuning Fuzzy PI Controller for Pure Integrating Processes
We propose a self-tuning fuzzy PI controller (STFPIC) for pure integrating process with dead time (IPD) whose output scaling factor (SF) is continuously adjusted in each sampling instant by a non-fuzzy gain modifying factor γ, which is defined on the normalized error and change of error of the controlled variable and the number of their uniform fuzzy partitions. Performance of the proposed controller is studied for a pure integrating process with dead-time under both set-point change and load disturbance. Performance comparisons with other FLCs are provided in terms of various performance indices along with transient responses. Simulated results justify the effectiveness of the proposed STFPIC.
KeywordsIntegrating process Fuzzy logic controller Self-tuning fuzzy control Scaling factor
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Chien, I.L., Fruehauf, P.S.: Consider IMC tuning to improve performance. Chem. Eng. Prog. 86(10), 33–41 (1990)Google Scholar
- 2.Sugeno, M.: Industrial Applications of Fuzzy Control. Elsevier Science, Amsterdam (1985)Google Scholar
- 5.Pal, A.K., Mudi, R.K.: Self-Tuning Fuzzy PI controller and its application to HVAC system. IJCC (US) 6 (2008)Google Scholar
- 8.Boverie, S.: Fuzzy Logic Control for High-order Systems. In: Proc. 2nd IEEE Int. Conf. on Fuzzy Systems, pp. 117–121 (1993)Google Scholar
- 10.Nomura, H., Hayashi, I., Wakami, N.: A Self-Tuning Method of Fuzzy Control by Decent Method. In: Proc. IFSA 1991, pp. 155–158 (1991)Google Scholar
- 15.Mudi, R.K., Pal, N.R.: A Self-Tuning Fuzzy PD Controller. IETE Journal of Research (Special Issue on Fuzzy Systems) 44, 177–189 (1998)Google Scholar
- 19.Palm, R.: Sliding Mode Fuzzy Control. In: Proc. 1st IEEE Int. Conf. on Fuzzy Systems, pp. 519–526 (1992)Google Scholar
- 20.Ziegler, J.G., Nichols, N.: Optimum settings for automatic controllers. ASME Trans. 64, 759–768 (1942)Google Scholar
- 21.Astrom, K.J., Hagglund, T.: Automatic tuning of PID controllers. Instrument Society of America (1988)Google Scholar