A New Trust Based Secure Routing Scheme in MANET
A mobile ad hoc network (MANET) is a self-configuring network in which several wireless nodes temporary set up links between them. This dynamic nature of MANET makes it very challenging network as well as more vulnerable to several attacks. Thus establishing routing protocols to employ a secure route is difficult too. Trust mechanisms are incorporated in routing protocols to find secure route in an efficient way. In this paper, a new trust based routing approach is presented where packet forwarding ratio is taken into account to calculate direct trust and recommendation from neighbors to calculate indirect trust. The new approach relays the packets through the more trusted route as it considers both the direct and indirect trust.
KeywordsTrust Dynamic Topology Cryptographic mechanism
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Aggelou, G.: Mobile Ad Hoc Networks. McGraw-Hill (2004)Google Scholar
- 3.Buchegger, S., Boudec, J.L.: Performance Analysis of CONFIDANT Protocol. In: MOBIHOC 2002, June 9-11. EPFL Lausanne, Switzerland (2002)Google Scholar
- 4.Essia, T., Razak, A., Khokhar, R.S., Samian, N.: Trust-Based Routing Mechanism in MANET: Design and Implementation. Springer (June 18, 2011)Google Scholar
- 5.Edua Elizabeth, N., Radha, S., Priyadarshini, S., Jayasree, S., Naga Swathi, K.: SRT- Secure Routing using Trust Levels in MANETs. European Journal of Scientific Research 75(3), 409–422 (2012) ISSN 1450-216XGoogle Scholar
- 6.Dhurandher, S.K., Obidant, M.S., Verma, K., Gupta, P., Dhuradar, P.: FACES: Friendhip-Based Ad Hoc Routing Using Challenges to Establish Security in MANETs Systems. IEEE System Journal 5(2) (June 2011)Google Scholar
- 7.Sharma, S., Mishra, R., Kaur, I.: New trust based security approach for ad-hoc networks. IEEE (2010)Google Scholar
- 8.Bhalaji, N., Mukherjee, D., Banerjee, N., Shanmugam, A.: Direct Trust Estimated On Demand Protocol For Secured Routing In mobile Ad-Hoc Networks. International Journal of Computer Science & Security 1(5)Google Scholar
- 9.Sen, J.: A Distributed Trust Management Framework For Detecting Malicious Packet dropping Nodes In a Mobile Ad Hoc Network. International Journal of Network Security & Its Applications (IJNSA) 2(4) (October 2010)Google Scholar
- 10.Nagrath, P., Kumar, A., Bhardwaj, S.: Authenticated Routing Protocol Based On Reputation System For Ad-Hoc Network. International Journal on Computer Science and Engineering 2(9), 3095–3099 (2010)Google Scholar