Human Emotion Classification Using Fuzzy and PCA Approach
The emotion recognition system has been a significant field in human-computer interaction. It is a considerably challenging field to generate an intelligent computer that is able to identify and understand human emotions for various vital purposes, e.g. security, society, entertainment. Many research studies have been carried out in order to produce an accurate and effective emotion recognition system. Emotion recognition methods can be classified into different categories along a number of dimensions: speech emotion recognition vs. facial emotion recognition; machine learning method vs. statistic method. Facial expression method can also be classified based on input data to a sequence video or static image. This report focuses on different types of human facial expressions, like different types of sad, happiness, and surprise moments. This is carried out by trying to extract unique facial expression feature among emotions using Fuzzy and the Principal Component Analysis (PCA) approach.
Keywordsfacial expression recognition face recognition emotion recognition
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.Turk, M.A., Pentland, A.P.: Face Recognition Using Eigenfaces. In: Proceedings of the IEEE Conference on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition (CVPR 1991), Maui, Hawaii, USA, June 3-6, pp. 586–591 (1991)Google Scholar
- 4.Turk, M.A., Pentland, A.P.: Face Recognition Using Eigenfaces. In: IEEE Conf. on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition, pp. 586–591 (1991)Google Scholar
- 5.Kim, K.: Face Recognition using Principle Component Analysis Department of Computer Science University of Maryland, College Park MD 20742, USAGoogle Scholar
- 6.Fagertun, Face Recognition. Master Thesis, Technical University of Denmark (DTU) (2005)Google Scholar
- 7.Pentland, A., Moghaddam, B., Starner, T.: View-Based and Modular Eigenspaces for Face Recognition. In: IEEE Conf. on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition. MIT Media Laboratory Tech. Report No. 245 (1994)Google Scholar
- 8.Biswas, B., Mukherjee, A.K., Konar, A.: Matching of digital images using fuzzy logic. AMSE Publication 35(2), 7–11 (1995)Google Scholar
- 9.Guo, Y., Gao, H.: Emotion Recognition System in Images Based On Fuzzy Neural Network and HMM. In: Proc. 5th IEEE Int. Conf. on Cognitive Informatics (ICCI 2006). IEEE (2006)Google Scholar
- 11.Kalita, J., Das, K.: Recognition of Facial Expression Using Eigenvector Based Distributed Features and Euclidean Distance Based Decision Making Technique. International Journal of Advanced Computer Science and Applications 4(2) (2013)Google Scholar
- 12.Yin, H., Fu, P., Meng, S.: Sampled FLDA for face recognition with single training image per person 69(16-18), 2443–2445 (2006)Google Scholar