A Neural Network Model for Energy Consumption Prediction of CIESOL Bioclimatic Building
Energy efficiency in buildings is a topic that is being widely studied. In order to achieve energy efficiency it is necessary to perform both, a proper management of the electric demand, and an optimal exploitation of renewable sources, using for that appropriate control strategies. The main objective of this paper is to develop a short term predictive model, based on neural networks, of the electricity demand for the CIESOL research center. The performed experiments, using different techniques for weather forecast, show a quick prediction with acceptable final results for real data, obtaining a maximum root mean squared error of 5 % in validation data, with a short-term prediction horizon of 60 minutes.
KeywordsElectric demand prediction Predictive model Neural network
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.United Nations Department of Economic & Social Affairs, W.E.C.: World Energy Assessment - Energy and the Challenge of Sustainability. United Nations Development Programme (2000)Google Scholar
- 3.Suganthi, L., Samuel, A.A.: Energy models for demand forecasting - a review. Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews (2011)Google Scholar
- 4.Castilla, M., Álvarez, J.D., Ortega, M.G., Arahal, M.R.: Neural network and polynomial approximated thermal comfort models for hvac systems. Building and Environment (2012)Google Scholar
- 5.Bosqued, A., Palero, S., San Juan, C., Soutullo, S., Enríquez, R., Ferrer, J.A., Martí, J., Heras, J., Guzmán, J.D., Jiménez, M.J., Bosqued, R., Heras, M.R.: ARFRISOL, bioclimatic architecture and solar cooling project. In: Proceedings of PLEA 2006 Passive and Low Energy Architecture, Geneva, Switzerland (2006)Google Scholar
- 6.More, J.: The Levenberg-Marquardt algorithm: implementation and theory. Numerical Analysis, 105–116 (1978)Google Scholar
- 10.Kantz, H., Schreiber, T.: Nonlinear time series analysis, vol. 7. Cambridge University Press (2004)Google Scholar
- 13.Pawlowski, A., Guzmán, J., Rodríguez, F., Berenguel, M., Sánchez, J.: Application of time-series methods to disturbance estimation in predictive control problems. In: IEEE International Symposium on Industrial Electronics (ISIE), pp. 409–414. IEEE (2010)Google Scholar