Artificial Neural Network Modeling of a Photovoltaic Module
This paper deals with the problem of designing an accurate and computationally fast model of a particular real photovoltaic module. There are a number of well known theoretical models, but they need the fine tuning of several parameters, whose values are often is difficult or impossible to estimate. The difficulty of these calibration processes has driven the research into approximation models that can be trained from data observed during the working operation of the plant, i.e. Artificial Neural Network (ANN) models. In this paper we derive an accurate ANN model of a real ATERSA A55 photovoltaic module, showing all the steps and electrical devices needed to reach that objective.
KeywordsPhotovoltaic module Photovoltaic cell Neural Network Model Atersa A55
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Khezzar, R., Zereg, M., Khezzar, A.: Comparative study of mathematical methods for parameters calculation of current-voltage characteristic of photovoltaic module. In: International Conference on Electrical and Electronics Engineering, ELECO 2009, pp. I–24–I–28 (2009)Google Scholar
- 2.Ramos, J., Zamora, I., Campayo, J.: Modelling of photovoltaic module. In: International Conference on Renewable Energies and Power Quality, ICREPQ 2010 (2010)Google Scholar
- 3.Tsai, H.: Development of generalized photovoltaic model using matlab/simulink. In: Proceedings of the World Congress on Engineering and Computer Science, WCECS 2008 (2008)Google Scholar
- 4.Villalva, M., Gazoli, J., Filho, E.: Modeling and circuit-based simulation of photovoltaic arrays. In: Power Electronics Conference, COBEP 2009, Brazilian, pp. 1244–1254 (2009)Google Scholar
- 5.Walker, G.R.: Evaluating MPPT converter topologies using a MATLAB PV model. Journal of Electrical & Electronics Engineering, Australia 21(1), 49–56 (2001)Google Scholar
- 7.Luque, A., Hegedus, S. (eds.): Handbook of Photovoltaic Science and Engineering. John Wiley & Sons Ltd. (2003)Google Scholar