Intelligent Model for Fault Detection on Geothermal Exchanger of a Heat Pump
The Heat Pump with geothermal exchanger is one of the best methods to heat a building. The heat exchanger is an element with probabilities of failure due its size and due it is outside construction. The present study shows a novel intelligent system design to detect faults on this type of heating equipment. The novel approach has been successfully empirically tested under a real dataset obtained during measurements along one year. It is based on classification techniques with the aim to detect failures in real time. Then the model is validated and verified over the building; it allows to obtain good results in all the operating conditions ranges.
KeywordsMLP J48 FLDA Heat Exchanger Heat Pump Geothermal Exchanger
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Langley, B.C.: Heat Pump Technology, 3rd edn. Prentice Hall, Upper Saddle River (2002)Google Scholar
- 2.Sauer, H.J., Howell, R.H.: Heat Pump Systems. Wiley-Interscience, New York (1983)Google Scholar
- 3.Kakac, S., Liu, H.: Heat Exchangers: Selection, Rating and Thermal Design, 2nd edn. CRC Press, Boca Raton (2002)Google Scholar
- 10.Isermann, R.: Fault-Diagnosis Systems: An Introduction from Fault Detection to Fault Tolerance. Springer, Germany (2006)Google Scholar
- 11.Isermann, R.: Fault-Diagnosis Applications: Model-Based Condition Monitoring: Actuators, Drives, Machinery, Plants, Sensors, and Fault-tolerant Systems. Springer, Germany (2011)Google Scholar
- 19.Parr, O.: Data Mining Cookbook. Modeling Data for Marketing, Risk, and Customer Relationship Management. John Wiley & Sons, Inc., New York (2001)Google Scholar
- 22.Frank, E., Witten, I.: Data Mining: Practical Machine Learning Tools and Techniques, 2nd edn. Morgan Kaufmann (2005)Google Scholar
- 23.Rokach, L., Maimon, O.: Data Mining with Decision Trees: Theory and Applications. World Scientific Publishing, USA (2008)Google Scholar
- 24.Alpaydin, E.: Introduction to Machine Learning. The MIT Press, Oxford (2009)Google Scholar