Robust Watermarking Scheme for Colour Images Using Radius-Weighted Mean Based on Integer Wavelet Transform
Based on integer wavelet transform (IWT), the author uses the radius-weighted mean (RWM) and proposes a robust color image watermarking scheme. More specifically, by employing the Euclidean distance of the RWM and mean, a watermark (or copyright logo) is effectively embedded into the low-low subband of the IWT domain. Experiments confirm that the marked images generated by the proposed method are robust against manipulations such as JPEG, JPEG2000, color quantization, noise additions, cropping, (edge) sharpening, and so on. In addition, the resultant perceived quality is good and the payload is not bad while our peak signal-to-noise ratio (PSNR) is better than existing techniques.
KeywordsRobust digital watermarking radius-weighted mean IWT domain
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Cox, I.J., Miller, M.L., Bloom, J.A., Fridrich, J., Kalker, T.: Digital Watermarking and Steganography, 2nd edn. Morgan Kaufmann, MA (2008)Google Scholar
- 2.Wang, S., Yang, B., Niu, X.: A secure steganography method based on genetic algorithm. Journal of Info. Hiding and Multim. Sig. Proces. 1(1), 28–35 (2010)Google Scholar
- 3.Noriega, R.M., Nakano, M., Kurkoski, B., Yamaguchi, K.: High payload audio watermarking: toward channel characterization of MP3 compression. Journal of Info. Hiding and Multim. Sig. Proces. 2(2), 91–107 (2011)Google Scholar
- 4.Li, L., Luo, B.: A color image steganography method by multiple embedding strategy based on sobel operator. In: 2009 Int. Conf. on Multimedia Information Network and Security, Wuhan, China, November 18-20, pp. 118–121 (2009)Google Scholar
- 11.Yang, C.Y.: Use of radius weighted mean to hide data in colour images. In: The 5th IET Int. Conf. on Ubi-Media Computing, Xining, China, August 16-18 (2012)Google Scholar