Handwritten Numerical Character Recognition Based on Paraconsistent Artificial Neural Networks
This paper presents an automated computational process able to recognize a handwritten numerical characters and Magnetic Ink Character Recognition used on bank checks based on Paraconsistent Artificial Neural Networks. The methodology employed was chosen for being a tool able to work with imprecise, inconsistent and paracomplete data without trivialization. The recognition process is performed from some character features previously selected based on some Graphology and Graphoscopy techniques and, the analysis of such features as well as the character recognition are performed by Paraconsistent Artificial Neural Networks.
KeywordsArtificial Intelligence Pattern Recognition Character Recognition Handwritten Numerical Character Recognition Artificial Neural Networks Paraconsistent Artificial Neural Networks
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Abe, J.M.: Foundations of Annotated Logics. PhD thesis, University of São Paulo, Brazil (1992) (in Portuguese)Google Scholar
- 2.Abe, J.M.: Some Aspects of Paraconsistent Systems and Applications. Logique et Analyse 157, 83–96 (1997)Google Scholar
- 3.Abe, J.M., Lopes, H.F.S., Anghinah, R.: Paraconsistent Artificial Neural Network and Alzheimer Disease: A Preliminary Study. Dementia & Neuropsychologia 3, 241–247 (2007)Google Scholar
- 5.Amend, K., Ruiz, M.S.: Handwriting Analysis: The Complete Basic Book. Franklin Lakes, NJ (1980)Google Scholar
- 6.Bortolozzi, F., Brittto Jr., A.S., Oliveira, L.E.S., Morita, M.: Recent Advances in Handwriting Recognition. In: Pal, U., Parui, S.K., Chaudhuri, B.B. (Org.) Document Analysis, Chennai, pp. 1–30 (2005)Google Scholar
- 7.Da Silva Filho, J.I.: Paraconsistent algorithm extractor of contradiction’s effects - ParaExtrctr. Seleção Documental 15, 21–25 (2009) (in Portuguese)Google Scholar
- 9.Fujisawa, Y., Shi, M., Wakabayashi, T., Kimura, F.: Handwritten Numeral Recognition Using Gradient and Curvature of Gray Scale Image. In: Proceedings of the Fifth International Conference on ICDAR 1999, Bangalore, pp. 277–280 (1999)Google Scholar
- 12.Lopes, H.F.S., Abe, J.M., Kanda, P.A.M., Machado, S., Velasques, B., Ribeiro, P., Basile, L.F.H., Nitrini, R., Anghinah, R.: Improved Application of Paraconsistent Artificial Neural Networks in Diagnosis of Alzheimer’s Disease. American Journal of Neuroscience 2(1), 54–64 (2011)CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 14.Mori, S., Suen, C.Y., Yamamoto, K.: Historical Review of OCR research and Development. Journals & Magazines 80(7), 1029–1058 (1992)Google Scholar
- 17.Öksüz, O.: Vision Based Handwritten Character Recognition. M.S. thesis. Bilkent University, Turkey (2003)Google Scholar