Double Expert System for Monitoring and Re-adaptation of PID Controllers
Finding of monitoring systems for deciding if or how re-adapt a PID controller in literature is not so complicated. These monitoring systems are also widely used in industry. But monitoring system which is based on non-conventional methods for deciding, takes into account the non-numeric terms and it is open for adding more rules, is not so common. Presented monitoring is designed for systems of second order and it is performed by the fuzzy expert system of Mamdani type with two inputs - settling time compared with the previous settling time (relative settling time) and overshoot. It is supplemented by using of non-conventional method for designing of classic PID controller. So it can be called as double expert system for monitoring and following re-adaptation of classical PID controller. The proof of efficiency of the proposed method and a numerical experiment is presented by the simulation in the software environment Matlab-Simulink.
KeywordsMonitoring re-adaptation expert system knowledge base PID controller Ziegler-Nichols’ combinated design methods fuzzy system feedback control
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Nowaková, J., Pokorný, M.: On PID Controller Design Using Knowledge Based Fuzzy System. Advances in Electrical and Electronic Engineering 10(1), 18–27 (2012)Google Scholar
- 3.Jacskon, P.: Introduction To Expert Systems, 3rd edn. Addison Wesley (1998)Google Scholar
- 4.Siler, W., Buckley, J.J.: Fuzzy Expert Systems and Fuzzy Reasoning. Wiley-Interscience (2004)Google Scholar
- 5.Jones, C.H.: Knowledge Based Systems Methods: A Practitioners’ Guide. Prentice Hall PTR (1995)Google Scholar
- 6.Astrom, K.J., Hagglund, T.: PID Controllers: theory, design, and tuning, USA (1995)Google Scholar
- 8.Jager, R.: Fuzzy Logic in Control, Delft (1995)Google Scholar
- 9.Kilian, C.: Modern Control Technology. Thompson Delmar Learning (2005)Google Scholar
- 11.MATLAB - The MathWorks-MATLAB and Simulink for Technical Computing, http://www.mahworks.com (cit. July 10, 2012)
- 12.Noskievič, P.: Modelování a identifikace systémů. Montanex, Ostrava (1999)Google Scholar