An Application of Process Mining to Invoice Verification Process in SAP
There are many processes in companies that are enacted many times every day. The key issue of the company management is to control the company cash flow and try to optimize the cost of everyday operations. There are many ways how to support the process enactment, but at the end, when there are some data from the process usage, the analysis of the efficiency is needed. One of the ways how to analyze the process and effectively analyze the process data is to use process mining methods. In this paper, we present the usage of process mining methods to real invoicing process and show the possible impact of the results to the process or organizational improvement.
Keywordsprocess mining case study SAP process improvement
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Dumas, M., van der Aalst, W.M.P., ter Hofstede, A.H.M.: Process Aware Information Systems: Bridg-ing People and Software Through Process Technology. Wiley-Interscience (2005)Google Scholar
- 6.Bozkaya, M., Gabriels, J., van der Werf, J.M.E.M.: Process diagnostics: a method based on process mining. In: Kusiak, A., Lee, S. (eds.) eKNOW, pp. 22–27. IEEE Computer Society (2009)Google Scholar
- 9.Mans, R.S., Schonenberg, H., Song, M., van der Aalst, W.M.P., Bakker, P.J.M.: Application of process mining in healthcare—a case study in a Dutch hospital. In: Fred, A.L.N., Filipe, J., Gamboa, H. (eds.) BIOSTEC 2008. CCIS, vol. 25, pp. 425–438. Springer, Heidelberg (2008)Google Scholar
- 16.De Weerdt, J., Schupp, A., Vanderloock, A., Baesens, B.: Process Mining for the multi-faceted analysis of business processes—A case study in a financial services organization. Computers in Industry 64(1), 57–67 (2013) ISSN 0166-3615, 10.1016/j.compind.2012.09.010Google Scholar
- 17.Lee, D., Bae, H.: Analysis framework using process mining for block movement process in shipyards. ICIC Express Letters 7(6), 1913–1917 (2013)Google Scholar
- 18.Accorsi, R., Stocker, T.: On the exploitation of process mining for security audits: The conformance checking case. Paper presented at the Proceedings of the ACM Symposium on Applied Computing, pp. 1709–1716 (2012)Google Scholar
- 21.Van Der Aalst, W.M.P., Van Dongen, B.F., Günther, C.W., Mans, R.S., Alves De Medeiros, A.K., Rozinat, A., Song, M., Verbeek, H.M.W., Weijters, A.J.M.M.: Process mining with ProM. In: Belgian/Netherlands Artificial Intelligence Conference, p. 453 (2007)Google Scholar
- 22.Van Der Aalst, W., Adriansyah, A., Van Dongen, B.: Causal nets: A modeling language tailored towards process discovery (2011)Google Scholar