Adaptively Nearest Feature Point Classifier for Face Recognition
In this paper, an improved classifier based on the concept of feature line space, called as adaptively nearest feature point classifier (ANFP) is proposed for face recognition. ANFP classifier uses the new metric, called as adaptively feature point metric, which is different from metrics of NFL and the other classifiers. ANFP gain better performance than NFL classifier and some others classifiers based on feature line space, which is proved by the experiment result on Yale face database.
KeywordsNearest Feature Line Nearest feature centre Nearest Neighbor Face Recognition
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 5.Kekre, H.B., Shah, K.: Performance Comparison of Kekre’s Transform with PCA and Other Conventional Orthogonal Transforms for Face Recognition. Journal of Information Hiding and Multimedia Signal Processing 3(3), 240–247 (2012)Google Scholar
- 6.Zhou, X., Nie, Z., Li, Y.: Statistical analysis of human facial expressions. Journal of Information Hiding and Multimedia Signal Processing 1(3), 241–260 (2010)Google Scholar
- 11.Feng, Q., Pan, J.-S., Yan, L.: Restricted Nearest Feature Line with Ellipse for Face Recognition. Journal of Information Hiding and Multimedia Signal Processing 3(3), 297–305 (2012)Google Scholar
- 12.Feng, Q., Huang, C.-T., Yan, L.: Resprentation-based Nearest Feature Plane for Pattern Recognition. Journal of Information Hiding and Multimedia Signal Processing 4(3), 178–191 (2013)Google Scholar
- 19.Zhou, Z., Kwoh, C.K.: The pattern classification based on the nearest feature midpoints. International Conference on Pattern Recognition 3, 446–449 (2000)Google Scholar
- 22.The Yale faces database (2001), http://cvc.yale.edu/projects/yalefaces/yalefaces.html