Alamouti Space Time Coded Design for OFDMA Systems Based Layered FFT Structure
Orthogonal Frequency-Division Multiple Access (OFDMA) is a multi-user orthogonal frequency-division multiplexing (OFDM) digital modulation scheme. Multiple accesses can be achieved in OFDMA by assigning subsets of subcarriers to individual users. This allows simultaneous low data rate transmission from several users. However, the OFDMA system exhibits high peak to average power ratio (PAPR) and introduce larger complexity by applying discrete Fourier transform (DFT) at the transmitter and inverse DFT (IDFT) at the receiver section. In this paper, we propose a space time block coding (STBC) for OFDMA based layered FFT structure, which provides better PAPR reduction property, low complexity in user terminals. The STBC scheme is also provide full diversity from both OFDMA signaling and STBC coding transmission.
KeywordsD&C FFT algorithm OFDM PAPR Space Time Coding
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Goldsmith, A.: Wireless Communications, 1st edn. Cambridge University Press, Stanford University (2005)Google Scholar
- 3.Nee, R.V., Prasad, R.: OFDM wireless multimedia communications. Artech House, London (2000)Google Scholar
- 7.Zhang, J., Luo, L., Shi, Z.: Quadrature OFDMA systems based on layered FFT structure. IEEE Transactions on Communications, 850–860 (2009)Google Scholar
- 8.Luo, L., Zhang, J., Shi, Z.: BER analysis for asymmetric OFDM systems. In: Proceedings of GLOBECOM 2008, New Orleans, La, USA, pp. 1–6 (November-December 2008)Google Scholar
- 9.Proakis, J.G.: Digital Communications, 4th edn. McGraw-Hill, NewYork (2001)Google Scholar
- 10.Barry, D.G.M.J.R., Lee, E.A.: Digital Communication, 3rd edn. Kluwer Academic Publishers (2003)Google Scholar
- 11.Costa, E., Pupolin, S.: M-QAM-OFDM System Performance in thePresence of a Nonlinear Amplifier and Phase Noise. IEEE Transactions on Communications, 462–472 (March 2002)Google Scholar