Construction of Sequential Classifier Based on MacArthur’s Overlapping Niches Model
- 2k Downloads
This paper presents the problem of building the sequential model of the classification task. In our approach the structure of the model is built in the learning phase of classification. In this paper a split criterion based on the MacArthur’s overlapping niches model is proposed. The MacArthur’s overlapping niches distribution is created for each row of the confusion matrix. The split criterion is associated with the analysis of the received distributions. The obtained results were verified on ten data sets. Nine data sets come from UCI repository and one is a real-life data set.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 6.Choras, M.: Image feature extraction methods for ear biometrics–A survey. In: 6th International Conference on Computer Information Systems and Industrial Management Applications, CISIM 2007, pp. 61–265. IEEE (2007)Google Scholar
- 10.Penar, W., Woźniak, M.: Experiments on classifiers obtained via decision tree induction methods with different attribute acquisition cost limit. In: Kurzynski, M., Puchala, E., Wozniak, M., Zolnierek, A. (eds.) Computer Recognition Systems 2. ASC, vol. 45, pp. 371–377. Springer, Heidelberg (2007)CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 13.Jin-Tun, Z.: Species Abundance Patterns in Some Broad-leaved Deciduous Forests in New York, USA. Chinese Journal of Plant Ecology 23(6), 481–489 (1999)Google Scholar
- 16.Berger, J.: Statistical Decision Theory and Bayesian Analysis. Springer, New York (1993)Google Scholar
- 17.Asuncion, A., Newman, D.J.: UCI machine learning repository (2007)Google Scholar
- 20.Trawiński, B., Smetek, M., Telec, Z., Lasota, T.: Nonparametric statistical analysis for multiple comparison of machine learning regression algorithms. International Journal of Applied Mathematics and Computer Science 22(4), 867–881Google Scholar
- 21.Motomura, I.: A statisticaltreatmen of associations. Jpn. J. Zool. 44, 379–383 (1932) (in Japanese)Google Scholar