Conclusions and Perspectives
The prospect of a highly integrated and intelligent polymer laser sensor is overviewed in Chap. 9. Organic semiconductor lasers have opened up a highly sensitive way to detect trace explosives that is very important in the current state of heightened global security or for use in humanitarian demining (i.e. the clearing of landmines left after military action).
KeywordsLight Emit Diode Organic Semiconductor Hybrid Laser Explosive Detection Unexploded Ordnance
- 2.Yang, Y., Turnbull, G. A., Samuel, I. D. W. (2008). Hybrid optoelectronics: A polymer laser pumped by a nitride light-emitting diode. Applied Physics Letters, 92(16), 163306.Google Scholar
- 3.HYPIX project. http://hypix.photonics.ac.uk/.
- 4.Overton, G. (2011). Fluorescence sensors lunchbox-sized fluorescence sensor detects explosive vapors. Laser Focus World, 47(12), 18.Google Scholar
- 5.ScienceDaily-New device exposes explosive vapors. http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2011/08/110815113609.htm.
- 6.Davies, E. (2012). Sniffing out explosives (pp. 48–52). World May: Chemistry.Google Scholar
- 8.TIRAMISU project. http://www.fp7-tiramisu.eu/.