ASM as a Monoid
Part of the Springer Theses book series (Springer Theses)
- 541 Downloads
In this chapter we give a further insight in the algebraic structure of the ASM. We start in the first section recalling some notions on a number of known facts but using the formalism we will use further on.
KeywordsRecurrent Configurations Abelian Sandpile Toppling Rule Toppling Matrix Sandbox
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
- 3.S. Caracciolo, G. Paoletti, A. Sportiello, Multiple and inverse topplings in the abelian sandpile model, preprint, (2011), arXiv:1112.3491.Google Scholar
- 8.M. Creutz, Abelian sandpiles, Nucl. Phys. B (Proc. Suppl.), 20 (1991), pp. 758–761.Google Scholar
- 9.Y. Le-Borgne, D. Rossin, On the identity of the sandpile group, Discrete Mathematics. LaCIM 2000 Conference on Combinatorics, Computer Science and Applications, 256, pp. 775–790 2002Google Scholar
- 11.J. M. Howie, An introduction to semigroup theory, Academic Press, London 1976.Google Scholar
- 12.S. Caracciolo, G. Paoletti, A. Sportiello, Conservation laws for strings in the abelian sandpile model EPL (Europhysics Letters) 90 (2010), p. 60003, arXiv:1002.3974v1 Google Scholar
© Springer International Publishing Switzerland 2014