A Model-Based Testing Approach Combining Passive Conformance Testing and Runtime Verification: Application to Web Service Compositions Deployed in Clouds
This paper proposes a model-based testing approach which combines two monitoring methods, runtime verification and passive testing. Starting from ioSTS (input output Symbolic Transition System) models, this approach generates monitors to check whether an implementation is conforming to its specification and meets safety properties. This paper also tackles the trace extraction problem by reusing the notion of proxy to collect traces from environments whose access rights are restricted. Instead of using a classical proxy to collect traces, we propose to generate a formal model from the specification, called Proxy-monitor, which acts as a proxy and which can directly detect implementation errors. We apply and specialise this approach on Web service compositions deployed in PaaS environments.
KeywordsPassive Testing Runtime Verification Proxy ioco Web services Clouds
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Ws-bpel, Oasis Consortium (2007), http://docs.oasis-open.org/wsbpel/2.0/OS/wsbpel-v2.0-OS.html
- 5.Cavalli, A., Benameur, A., Mallouli, W., Li, K.: A Passive Testing Approach for Security Checking and its Practical Usage for Web Services Monitoring. In: NOTERE 2009 (2009)Google Scholar
- 10.Jéron, T., Marchand, H., Rusu, V.: Symbolic determinisation of extended automata. In: Navarro, G., Bertossi, L., Kohayakawa, Y. (eds.) TCS 2006. IFIP, vol. 209, pp. 197–212. Springer, Boston (2006)Google Scholar
- 12.Nguyen, H.N., Poizat, P., Zaidi, F.: Online verification of value-passing choreographies through property-oriented passive testing. In: Ninth IEEE International Symposium on High-Assurance Systems Engineering, pp. 106–113 (2012)Google Scholar
- 13.Salva, S.: Passive testing with proxy-testers. International Journal of Software Engineering and Its Applications (IJSEIA). Science & Engineering Research Support Society (SERSC) 5 (2011)Google Scholar
- 14.Salva, S.: A model-based testing approach combining passive testing and runtime verification. Tech. rep., LIMOS, LIMOS Research report RR13-04 (2013), http://sebastien.salva.free.fr/useruploads/files/RR-13-04.pdf