Repository-Centric Process Modeling – Example of a Pattern Based Development Process
Repositories of modeling artefacts have gained more attention recently to enforce reuse in software engineering. In fact, repository-centric development processes are more adopted in software/system development, such as architecture-centric or pattern-centric development processes.
In our work, we deal with a specification language for development methodologies centered around a model-based repository, by defining both a metamodel enabling process engineers to represent repository management and interaction and an architecture for development tools.
The modeling language we propose, has been successfully evaluated by the TERESA project for specifying development processes for trusted applications centered around a model-based repository of security and dependability (S&D) patterns.
KeywordsMetamodel Model-Driven Engineering Process Security Dependability Repository Pattern
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Cheung, L.Y.C., Chung, P.W.H., Dawson, R.J.: Managing process compliance, pp. 48–62. IGI Publishing, Hershey (2003)Google Scholar
- 2.Gray, J., Tolvanen, J.-P., Kelly, S., Gokhale, A., Neema, S., Sprinkle, J.: Domain-Specific Modeling. Chapman & Hall/CRC (2007)Google Scholar
- 3.Hamid, B., Zhang, Y.: D3.2 - Common Engineering Metamodels. Technical report, TERESA-Project (2012), http://www.teresa-project.org/
- 7.I. S. IEC 61508. Functional safety of electrical/electronic/programmable electronic safety-related systems (2000)Google Scholar
- 8.Kruchten, P.: The Rational Unified Process: An Introduction. Addison-Wesley Longman Publishing Co., Inc., Boston (2003)Google Scholar
- 9.Liu, C., Lin, X., Zhou, X., Orlowska, M.E.: Building a repository for workflow systems. In: TOOLS (31), pp. 348–357. IEEE Computer Society (1999)Google Scholar
- 10.OMG. Software & Systems Process Engineering Meta-Model Specification (2008)Google Scholar
- 11.OPF Repository Organization. OPEN Process Framework (OPF) (2009), http://www.opfro.org/
- 14.Standards Australia. Standard Metamodel for Software Development Methodologies (2004)Google Scholar
- 15.Steinberg, D., Budinsky, F., Paternostro, M., Merks, E.: EMF: Eclipse Modeling Framework 2.0, 2nd edn. Addison-Wesley Professional (2009)Google Scholar
- 17.Zurawski, R.: Embedded systems. CRC Press Inc. (2005)Google Scholar