Air Travel Demand Fuzzy Modelling: Trip Generation and Trip Distribution
This chapter describes the fuzzy logic approach to modelling of trip generation and trip distribution on country and country-pair levels. Different economic (GDP per capita of origin country, imports by destination countries) and social factors, as well as other ones (number of emigrants in destination country and destination country attractiveness) are considered. The case study of Serbia, illustrating possibilities of models, is given. Results of this research provide empirical evidence relating to successful use of fuzzy logic as a non-traditional technique.
KeywordsAir travel demand Trip generation Trip distribution Fuzzy logic
This research has been supported by the Ministry of Education, Science and Technological Development, Republic of Serbia, as a part of the project TR36033 (2011–2014).
- 7.Kalić, M., Teodorović, D.: Modal split modelling using fuzzy logic. Proceedings of the Conference “Modelling and Management in Transportation”, pp. 91–96. Poznan-Cracow, Poland (1999)Google Scholar
- 8.Kalić, M., Tošić, V.: Soft demand analysis: belgrade case study. Proceedings of the 8th Meeting of the Euro Working Group Transportation EWGT and Workshop IFPR on Management of Industrial Logistic Systems “Rome Jubilee 2000 Conference”, pp. 271–275. Rome, Italy (2000)Google Scholar
- 10.Kalić, M., Dožić, S., Babić, D.: Predicting Air Travel Demand Using Soft Computing: Belgrade Airport Case Study. Compendium of papers, Euro Working Group on Transportation, Paris (2012)Google Scholar
- 11.Doganis, R.: Flying Off Course. 2nd edn. Routledge, London (1992)Google Scholar
- 12.Gillen, D.: The future for interurban passenger transport bringing citizens closer together. Discussion Paper No. 2009–15. 18th International Transport Research, Symposium (2009)Google Scholar
- 13.Oum, T., Fu, X., Zhang, A.: Air transport liberalization and its impact on airline competition and air passenger traffic. Final report, OECD International Forum, Germany (2009)Google Scholar
- 14.World Bank Database. http://www.worldbank.org (October, 2012)
- 15.Statistical Office of the Republic of Serbia. (October, 2012). http://webrzs.stat.gov.rs/WebSite/