Fuzzy Reliability Analysis of Washing Unit in a Paper Plant Using Soft-Computing Based Hybridized Techniques
The present study deals with the fuzzy reliability analysis of washing unit in a paper plant utilizing available uncertain data which reflects their components’ failure and repair pattern. Paper computes different reliability parameters of the system in the form of fuzzy membership functions. Two soft-computing based hybridized techniques namely Genetic Algorithms Based Lambda-Tau (GABLT) and Neural Network and Genetic Algorithms Based Lambda-Tau (NGABLT) along with traditional Fuzzy Lambda-Tau (FLT) technique are used to evaluate the fuzzy reliability parameters of the system. In FLT, ordinary fuzzy arithmetic is utilized while in GABLT and NGABLT ordinary arithmetic and nonlinear programming approach are used. The computed results, as obtained by these techniques, are compared. Crisp and defuzzified results are also computed. Based on results some important suggestions are given for future course of action in maintenance planning.
- 2.Sharma, S.P., Kumar, D., Komal, : Stochastic behavior analysis of the feeding system in a paper mill using NGABLT technique. Int. J. Qual. Reliab. Manage. 27(8), 953–971 (2010)Google Scholar
- 5.Sharma, R.K.: Analysis, design and optimization of QRM aspects in production systems. Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee, Roorkee, Uttrakhand, India (2006)Google Scholar
- 7.Kumar, D.: Analysis and optimization of systems availability in sugar, paper and fertilizer Industries. University of Roorkee (Presently IIT Roorkee), Uttrakhand. India (1991)Google Scholar
- 12.Goldberg, D.E.: Genetic Algorithm in Search, Optimization and Machine Learning. Addison-Wesley, Boston (1989)Google Scholar
- 14.Kosko, B.: Neural Networks and Fuzzy System: A Dynamical Systems Approach to Machine Intelligence. Prentice-Hall, Englewood (1991)Google Scholar