Change Impact Study by Bayesian Networks
The study of change impact is a fundamental activity in software engineering because it can be used to plan changes, set them up and to predict or detect their effects on the system and try to reduce them. Various methods have been presented in the literature for this sector of maintenance. The objective of this project is to improve the maintenance of Object Oriented (OO) systems and to intervene more specifically in the task of analyzing and predicting the change impact. Among several models of representation, Bayesian Networks (BNs) constitute a particular quantitative approach that can integrate uncertainty in reasoning and offering explanations close to reality. Furthermore, with the BNs, it is also possible to use expert judgments to anticipate the predictions, about the change impact in our case. In this paper, we propose a probabilistic approach to determine the change impact in OO systems. This prediction is given in a form of probability.
KeywordsChange impact analysis maintenance probability model Bayesian networks bayesian inference
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Wuillemin, P., Leray, P., Pourret, O., Becker, A.: Réseaux bayésiens, Eyrolles edn. (2004)Google Scholar
- 2.Lee (LiLi), M.L.: Change Impact Analysis for Object-Oriented Software. PhD thesis. George Mason University, Virginia, USA (1998)Google Scholar
- 3.Lee, M.L., Offutt, A.J.: Algorithmic Analysis of the Impact of Changes to Object-Oriented Software. In: ICSM 1996, pp. 171–184 (1996)Google Scholar
- 4.Kung, D., Gao, J., Hsia, P., Wen, F., Toyoshima, Y., Chen, C.: Change Impact Identification in Object Oriented Software Maintenance. In: ICSM 1994, Victoria, B.C., Canada, pp. 202–211 ( September 1994)Google Scholar
- 6.Abdi, M.K., Lounis, H., Sahraoui, H.A.: Predicting change impact in object-oriented applications with bayesian networks. In: COMPSAC (1), pp. 234–239 (2009)Google Scholar
- 7.Mirarab, S., Hassouna, A., Tahvildari, L.: Using bayesian belief networks to predict change propagation in software systems. In: Proceedings of the 15th IEEE International Conference on Program Comprehension, pp. 177–188 (2007)Google Scholar
- 9.Alikacem, E.H., Snoussi, H.: BOAP 1.1.0. Manuel d’utilisation. In: CRIM (2002)Google Scholar
- 10.Local computations with probabilities on graphical structures and their application to expert Systems. Journal of the Royal Statistical Society B 50(2), 157–224 (1988) Google Scholar
- 11.Bayesian updating in causal probabilistic networks by local computations. Computational Statistics Quaterly 4, 269–282 (1990) Google Scholar
- 12.Draper, D.L.: Clustering Without (Thinking About) Triangulation. In: Conference on Uncertainty in Artificial Intelligence (UAI), University of Washington Seattle (1995)Google Scholar
- 13.Zoghlami, A.: Approche probabiliste pour l’analyse de l’impact des changements dans les programmes orientés objet, Master of Science (MSc), University of Montreal (2011)Google Scholar