A New Hybrid Authentication Protocol to Secure Data Communications in Mobile Networks
The growing area of lightweight devices, such as mobile cell phones, PDA conduct to the rapid growth of mobile networks, they are playing important role in everyone’s day. Mobile Networks offer unrestricted mobility and tender important services like M-business, M-Learning, where, such services need to keep security of data as a top concern. The root cause behind the eavesdroppers in these networks is the un-authentication. Designing authentication protocol for mobile networks is a challenging task, because, mobile device’s memory, processing power, bandwidths are limited and constrained. Cryptography is the important technique to identify the authenticity in mobile networks. The authentication schemes for this networks use symmetric or asymmetric mechanisms. In this paper, we propose a hybrid authentication protocol that is based on Elliptic Curve Cryptography which is, actually, the suitable technique for mobile devices because of its small key size and high security.
KeywordsAuthentication Asymmetric algorithms ECC Energy saving Mobility Mobile networks RSA Security
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Huber, J.F.: Mobile next-generation networks. IEEE MultiMedia (2004) Google Scholar
- 2.Nicolas SIMON : Sécurité Dans Les Smartphones, memoir. Free university of Bruxelles, 11–37 (2007) Google Scholar
- 3.Neonakis Aggelou, G.: On the relaying capability of next-generation GSM cellular networks. IEEE Personal Communications (2001)Google Scholar
- 4.Tatli, E.I.: Security in Context-awareMobile Business Applications, pp. 11–15. Mannheim University (2008)Google Scholar
- 5.Beghriche, A., Bilami, A.: Modélisation et Gestion de la Confiance dans les Réseaux Mobiles Ad hoc, CIIA (2009)Google Scholar
- 6.Hankerson, D., Menezes, A., Vanstone, S.: Guide to Elliptic CurveCryptography. Springer (2004)Google Scholar
- 7.Rajeswari, G., Thilagavathi, K.: A Novel Protocol For Indirect Authentication. In: Mobile Networks Based On Elliptic Curve Cryptography, JATIT (2009)Google Scholar
- 8.Aydos, M., Yanık, T., Koc, Ç.K.: An High-Speed ECC-based Wireless Authentication Protocol on an ARM Microprocessor ∗. IEE Pro.: Comms (2001)Google Scholar
- 10.Stojmenovic, I.: Handbook of Wireless Networks and Mobile Computing, 87–109 (2002)Google Scholar
- 11.Günther, H., Kheith, M., Chiris, J.: Authentication protocols for mobile network environment value-added services. IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology 2 (2002)Google Scholar
- 12.Rajeswari, G., Thilagavathi, K.: An Efficient Authentication Protocol Based on Elliptic Curve Cryptography for Mobile Networks. IJCSNS 9(2) (2009)Google Scholar
- 13.Tzeng, Z.-J., Tzeng, W.-G.: Authentication of Mobile Users in Third Generation Mobile Systems. National Chiao Tung University (2001)Google Scholar