Cooperative Strategy to Secure Mobile P2P Network
Mobile peer-to-peer networking (MP2P) is a relatively new paradigm compared to other wireless networks. In the last years, it has gained popularity because of its practice in applications such as file sharing over Internet in a decentralized manner. Security of mobile P2P networks represents an open research topic and a main challenge regarding to their vulnerability and convenience to different security attacks, such as black hole, Sybil...etc. In this paper, we analyze the black hole attack in mobile wireless P2P networks using AODV as routing protocol. In a black hole attack, a malicious node assumes the identity of a legitimate node, by creating forged answers with a higher sequence number, and thus forces the victim node to choose it as relay. We propose a solution based on a modification of the well-known AODV routing protocol and taking into account the behavior of each node participating in the network. Performances of our proposal are evaluated by simulation.
KeywordsMobile wireless network P2P security black hole
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Dunaytsev, R.: Client/Server and Peer-to-Peer models. Space Internetworking Center Democritus University of Thrace (2012)Google Scholar
- 2.Jarraya, H.: Un système de sauvegarde P2P sécurisé s’appuyant sur une architecture AAA, Maryline Laurent-Maknavicius (2008)Google Scholar
- 3.Shen, X., et al.: Handbook of peer to peer networking. Springer (2010)Google Scholar
- 4.Klemm, A., et al.: A Special-Purpose Peer-to-Peer File Sharing System for Mobile Ad Hoc Networks. Department of Computer Science, University of DortmundGoogle Scholar
- 5.Deng, et al.: Routing “Security in Wireless Ad-hoc Networks”. IEEE Communications Magazine (2002)Google Scholar
- 6.Raj, P.N., Swadas, P.B.: DPRAODV: A Dynamic Learning System Against Black hole Attack in AODV based MANET. International Journal of Computer Science (2009)Google Scholar
- 7.Shurman, M.A., Yoo, S.M., Park, S.: Black hole attack in wireless ad hoc networks. In: Proceedings of the ACM 42nd Southeast Conference (ACMSE 2004) (April 2004)Google Scholar
- 8.Mandhata, S.C., Patro, S.N.: A counter measure to Black hole attack on AODV- based Mobile Ad-Hoc Networks. International Journal of Computer & Communication Technology (IJCCT) 2(VI) (2011)Google Scholar
- 9.Véronique Legrand et Stéphane Ubéda Vers un modèle de confiance pour les objets communicants: une approche sociale, Laboratoire CITI, INRIA ARES (2004)Google Scholar