A Method of Target Detection and Identification Based on UWB and PSO-WNN
UWB radar is widely used in target detection and identification because of its spectrum in range of GHz. A novel method of target detection based on Particle Swarm Optimization-based Wavelet Neural Network (PSO-WNN) and UWB is proposed. Using this method, we extract and analyze the characteristic parameters of the received signals and channel impulse responses in the communication systems from the view of UWB communications, then apply PSO-WNN to identify the target. According to the obtained results, this method is quite effective for target identification.
KeywordsUWB PSO Wavelet neural network (WNN) Target identification Channel characteristic parameters
This work was supported by NSFC (61171176).
- 1.Zhang Q, Benveniste A (Jul. 1992) Wavelet networks. IEEE Trans Neural Netw 3(6):889–898Google Scholar
- 2.Kenedy J, Eberhart RC (1995) “A new optimizer using particle swarm theory”. In Proceedings of the 6th international symposium on micro machine and human science, IEEE Service Center, Piscataway, p 39–43, Oct 1995Google Scholar
- 3.You Minglei (2012) “A method of obstacle identification based on UWB and selected bispectra”, lecture notes in electrical engineering, communications, signal processing, and systems: the 2012 Proceedings of the international conference on communications, signal processing, and systems, p 373–382Google Scholar
- 4.He Junqin (2012) “A method of target detection and identification based on RPROP and UWB channel characteristic parameters”, 2012 I.E. Globecom Workshops, GC Workshop 2012, p 1460–1463Google Scholar
- 6.Iyengar SS, Cho EC, Phoha VV (2002) “Foundation of wavelet networks and applications”, Chapman & Hall/CRC, p 178–179Google Scholar
- 7.Huang K, Chen SF, Yuan X, Zhou ZG (2004) “Neural network optimal design based on orthogonal experiment method”, systems engineering theory methodology applications, p 272–275Google Scholar