The Uncertainty Assessment of Vehicle Speed Measurement Based on Laser Switch
This paper presents a vehicle speed measurement method based on laser switch, due to the effects of laser switch emission frequency and mechanical structure, it exists large error for measured speed. To ensure the measuring system meet accuracy requirements, for example a fixed length of 10 m, the uncertainty of laser switch speedometer was effective analyzed. Through making the effects of laser switch frequency distance and mechanical error averaged, the influence from switch frequency, mechanical error and other aspects was evaluated. Selected laser switch of 10 kHz and debugged various parameters, experiment shows that speed measuring system can achieve accuracy ±0.2 km/h to ±0.3 km/h, which can meet the required accuracy to provide a vehicle speed basis for relevant departments.
KeywordsLaser switch Speed measurement Uncertainty assessment
This paper is supported by Tianjin Social Development Fund Project (09ZCGYSF00300) “Research of Speed Secure Real-time monitoring system for measuring traceable calibration standards”. And thanks Tianjin Key Laboratory for Control Theory and Application in Complicated Systems, Tianjin University of Technology, Tianjin 300191, and China.
- 1.Feng L, YueBing S (2009) Research on motor vehicle radar system errors. Sci Technol Inf 14:61–61Google Scholar
- 2.Yong X (2009) License plate recognition and radar speeding on the highway surveillance system application. Intell Transport 11:188–190Google Scholar
- 3.Xiong S (2005) Laser speedmeter. Optics and Fine Mechanics 2:9–10Google Scholar
- 4.Sheng YC, Dong J, Liang C (2009) Vehicle remote video radar speed measurement system. Control Automat 18:143–145Google Scholar
- 5.Ming B (2009) The uncertainty analysis of vehicle radar measurement results. Meas Technol 3:46–47Google Scholar
- 6.HaiMing X (2009) Disturbance factors machining accuracy and error analysis. Technol Aspect 5:37–39Google Scholar
- 7.YeTai F (2002) Error theory and data processing. Machinery Industry Press, BeijingGoogle Scholar