FPGA-Based Single-Phase Photovoltaic Inverter Design
Based XC3S500E FPGA chip as its control core, structuring SOPC system through embedding 32-bit MicroBlaze soft core processor, so that 1KW image acquisition system is implemented. Its main circuit topology consists of DC/DC push–pull converters, DC/AC full-bridge inverters and LC filters. Its sampling circuit consists of ADS1115 A/D converters and associated sensors, realizing the sampling of the PV arrays, DC/DC booster circuits, the voltage and current of inverter circuits. It completes the controller loop design, realizing the I2C interfaces of A/D converters, the PWM generator controlled by MPPT, the SPWM generator controlled by PID and the interactive user interface. The results of the test show that the design of the inverter is reasonable and reliable, and meets the requirements of the power output. Not only its inversion efficiency can be up to 92 %, but also its power factor can be close to 1.
KeywordsFPGA SOPC PV Inverter
This research was supported by the Tianjin natural science fund(13JCYBJC15800).
- 1.Zhou L, Zhang L et al (2012) Single-phase photovoltaic inverter control technology. Power System Technol 9:25–29Google Scholar
- 2.Junjuan Wu, Yida Jiang et al (2012) An improved control algorithm MPPT PV systems.Acta Energiae Solaris Sinica (3):478–483Google Scholar
- 3.Jingwei Yang, Gang Luet al.(2012) Based on SPWM inverter control design and simulation.Drive and Control (9):63–65Google Scholar
- 4.Shunfeng Han, Min Du et al. (2013) A new digital SPWM signal design and implementation.Modern Electron Tech(3):133–138Google Scholar
- 5.Leilei Lu, Yaohua Luo (2012) Single-phase photovoltaic grid-connected inverter control strategy and design.Telecom Power Technol(1):14–16Google Scholar