The Development and Application of Video’s Color Gamut Test Sequence
This article develops a color gamut sequence which is used for measuring the video’s three-dimensional color gamut. According to the relevant video measurement standards, considering the actual measurement needs, this paper develops five test cards. Then the completeness of test data and the scientific nature of test card’s design are demonstrated by this paper. Color gamut test sequence has been put into use, the practice proved that the design of sequence is reasonable and can be used easily. It provides the reliable data for the research of reconstructing video’s 3D color gamut and cross-media gamut mapping.
KeywordsColor gamut Color measurement Test sequence Principle of color mixing
This paper is subsidized by Dr Fund of Tianjin Normal University (52XB1006).
- 1.Yan X, Yan L, Yong-cheng A, Gui-ling L (2009) Analysis and comparison of extended color gamut for video system in ITU-R BT.1361 and IEC61966–2–4. Video Eng 33(3):92–94Google Scholar
- 5.Quan-en L (2004) Color domain and color domain coverage ratio. Video Eng 269(11):49–51Google Scholar
- 7.Weijie H, Tang S, Zhu Z (2007) Modern color science and application. Beijing Institute of Technology Press, BeijingGoogle Scholar
- 8.Chaji GR, Jaffari J (2012) Generic low-cost characterization of VTH and mobility variations in LTPS TFTs for non-uniformity calibration of active-matrix OLED displays, Design Automation Conference (DAC), 49th ACM/EDAC/IEEE, San Francisco, CA, 2012
- 9.Methods of measurement for digital television flat panel displays. SJ/T11348-2006Google Scholar