Research on the Influence of Backlight Parameters on the Display Device Color Restoration Ability
This paper measures chromaticity parameters for Cold Cathode Fluorescent Lamp-Liquid Crystal Display (CCFL-LCD) and Light-Emitting Diode-Liquid Crystal Display (LED-LCD) display devices. The results show that using the LED as a backlight can improve effectively color restore ability of display device, the difference of the two color gamut coverage rates is 0.5 %, and the difference of three-dimensional color gamut volume is 0.15 × 105. The difference of intensity of the backlight source can change accordingly brightness of the white, red, green and blue, but it has no obvious impacts for color gamut of the displays. The result shows that in order to achieve wide color gamut, it is feasible to select a backlight, which has a better color reduction performance, a high luminous efficiency.
KeywordsBacklight LED-LCD CCFL-LCD Color gamut
This paper is subsidized by the Dr Fund of Tianjin Normal University (52XB1006).
- 1.State administration of radio, film and television (2000) Video parameter values for HDTV standard for production and programme exchange, GY/T 155-2000Google Scholar
- 2.A darkroom measurementGoogle Scholar
- 3.Zhonglian Qiao, Dongsheng Yang, Fei Liu (2010) The application and development of Medium-Large size display backlight modules. The modern displayGoogle Scholar
- 6.Weijie H, Tang S, Zhu Z (2007) Modern color science and application. Beijing Institute of Technology Press, BeijingGoogle Scholar
- 7.National radio and television products quality supervision and inspection center (2010) TCL multimedia technology holdings limited company, GPC r&d center, colorimetry in the digital TV and flat TV. Post & Telecom Press, BeijingGoogle Scholar