Towards ICT Revolution in Healthcare: Present and Perspectives for Electronic Healthcare Record Systems
This chapter will describe and discuss the applications and solutions under development or implemented in the e-Health care systems, from the technological, social, organizational dimensions. A survey of the present status in relation with e-Government will cover the leading countries (and not only) in ICT-based developments in these sectors. The major implemented solutions will be outlined regarding their actual implementation and administration. Key aspects will be outlined for Electronic Healthcare Record Systems as core systems in present or future national or regional health programs.
KeywordsElectronic Medical Record Electronic Health Record Electronic Medical Record System Computerize Physician Order Entry Electronic Health Record System
This work was supported by the Bilateral Cooperation Research Project between Bulgaria and Romania (2010–2012) entitled “Electronic Health Records for the Next Generation Medical Decision Support in Romanian and Bulgarian National Healthcare Systems”, NextGenElectroMedSupport.
- 1.Amatayakul, M.K.: Electronic Health Records. A Practical Guide for Professionals and Organizations, 4th edn. American Health Information Management Association (2009)Google Scholar
- 2.Vasilache, A.: Peste 40 de milioane de euro, fonduri UE nerambursabile, pentru implementarea in Romania a retetei electronice si a fisei electronice a pacientului (in Romanian). Retrieved 15 May 2011, from http://economie.hotnews.ro/stiri-telecom-8314828-peste-40-milioane-euro-fonduri-nerambursabile-pentru-implementarea-romania-retetei-electronice-fisei-electronice-pacientului.htm (2011)
- 3.Tang, P.: Key Capabilities of an Electronic Health Record System: Letter Report. Committee on Data Standards for Patient Safety. Board on Health Care Services. Institute of Medicine. National Academies Press, Washington DC (2003)Google Scholar
- 4.Grider, D., Linker, R., Thurston, S., Levinson, S.: The problem with EHRs and coding, Med. Econ. Retrieved 01 May 2011, from http://www.modernmedicine.com/modernmedicine/article/articleDetail.jsp?id=590411 (2009)
- 6.EHR… at the crossroads of success. Annual report. Canada Health Infoway. Retrieved 15 April 2011, from https://www2.infoway-inforoute.ca/Documents/AnnualReport0607-E.pdf (2006–2007)
- 9.Halamka, J.: International EHR Adoption. Healthcare IT News. Retrieved 25 April 2011, from http://www.healthcareitnews.com/blog/international-ehr-adoption (2009)