Day Trading the Emerging Markets Using Multi-Time Frame Technical Indicators and Artificial Neural Networks
This chapter addresses the topic of automated day trading systems based on artificial neural networks and multi-timeframe technical indicators, a very common market analysis technique. After we introduce the context of this study and give a short overview of day trading, we set out our approach and methodological framework. Then, we present the results obtained through these procedures on several of the most liquid stocks in the Romanian stock market. The final section of the chapter concludes the study and brings some insight about possible future work in the area.
KeywordsDay trading systems Neural networks Multi-time frame technical analysis Market forecast Automatic trading
This work is a part of CNCSIS TE_316 Grant « Intelligent Methods for Decision Fundamentation on Stock Market Transactions Based on Public Information », manager V.P. Bresfelean, Assistant Professor PhD.
- 3.Fernández-Rodríguez, F., Sosvilla-Riveiro, S., García-Artile, M.: An empirical evaluation of non-linear trading rules (Working paper), FEDEA., 16 (2001)Google Scholar
- 5.Gately, E.: Neural networks for financial forecasting. Wiley, New York (1996)Google Scholar
- 7.Hayati, M., Shirvany, Y.: Artificial neural network approach for short term load forecasting for Illam Region. Proc. World Acad. Sci. Eng. Technol. 22 (2007)Google Scholar
- 9.Lawrence, R.: Using neural networks to forecast stock market prices (1997) (Course project, University of Maritoba, Canada)Google Scholar
- 10.McNelis, D.P.: Neural networks in finance: gaining predictive edge in the market. Elsevier Academic Press, USA (2005)Google Scholar
- 13.Rotundo, G., Torozzi, B., Valente, M.: Neural networks for financial forecast, private communication (1999)Google Scholar
- 14.Qian, B., Rasheed, K.: Hurst exponent and financial market predictability, Proc. Finan. Appl. Eng. 437 (2004)Google Scholar