From Black Strings to Lifshitz Black Branes
We review the status of the construction of the asymptotically Lifshitz black brane solutions in Supergravity and String theory. We propose a general method to construct analytic z = 2 Lifshitz black brane solutions. The method is based on deforming 5-dimensional AdS black strings by an axion wave and reducing to 4-dimensions. We illustrate this method with examples.
W.C. wishes to thank the organizers for a stimulating and inspiring atmosphere. The work of J.H. was supported by the Danish National Research Foundation project Black holes and their role in quantum gravity. BV is supported by the ERC Starting Independent Researcher Grant 240210—String-QCD-BH.
- 2.M. Taylor, Non-relativistic holography. arXiv:0812.0530 [hep-th]Google Scholar
- 8.A. Bernamonti, M.M. Caldarelli, D. Klemm, R. Olea, C. Sieg, E. Zorzan, JHEP 0801, 061 (2008). [arXiv:0708.2402 [hep-th]]Google Scholar
- 9.L. Barclay, R. Gregory, S. Parameswaran, G. Tasinato, I. Zavala, Lifshitz black holes in IIA supergravity. arXiv:1203.0576 [hep-th]Google Scholar
- 11.W. Chemissany, J. Hartong, B. Vercnocke [to appear]Google Scholar
- 12.N. Halmagyi, M. Petrini, A. Zaffaroni, Non-relativistic solutions of N=2 gauged supergravity. JHEP 1108, 041 (2011). [arXiv:1102.5740 [hep-th]]Google Scholar
- 13.W. Chemissany, J. Hartong, From D3-branes to Lifshitz space-times. Class. Quant. Grav. 28, 195011 (2011). [arXiv:1105.0612 [hep-th]]Google Scholar