On Confidentially Connected-Free Graphs
Graph theory provides algorithms and tools to handle models for important applications in biology and medicine, such as drug design, diagnosis, or visualization. This paper deals with some theoretical results concerning the relationship between two classes of graphs which may be susceptible of applications in medicine and intelligent systems. The class of Confidentially Connected-free graphs is introduced and related to the class of Asteroidal Triple-free graphs, as well as to the graphs that have a star-cutset. We give a characterization of Confidentially Connected-free graphs using neighborhoods and weakly decomposition.
Keywordsconfidentially connected CC-free graphs AT-free graphs asteroidal triple star-cutset weakly decomposition recognition algorithm
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Berge, C.: Graphs. Nort-Holland, Amsterdam (1985)Google Scholar
- 2.Berry, A., Bordat, J.-P., Heggernes, P.: Recognizing weakly triangulated graphs by edge separability, Res. Rep. LIRMM, submittted to SWAT (2000)Google Scholar
- 5.Cohen, J.E.: Food webs and niche space. Monographs in population biology, vol. 11, pp. xv+1 190. Princeton University Press, Princeton (1978) ISBN 978-0-691-08202-8Google Scholar
- 7.Croitoru, C., Olaru, E., Talmaciu, M.: Confidentially connected graphs, The annals of the University "Dunarea de Jos" of Galati. In: Proceedings of the Intern. Conf. "The Risk in Contemporany Economy", Supplement to Tome XVIII, XXII (2000)Google Scholar
- 8.Croitoru, C., Talmaciu, M.: On Confidentially connected graphs. Bul. Stiint. Univ. Baia Mare, Ser B, Matematica - Informatica XVI(1), 13–16 (2000)Google Scholar
- 10.Fabri, J.: Automatic storage optimization. UMI Press Ann Arbor, MI (1982)Google Scholar
- 13.Hashimoto, A., Stevens, J.: Wire routing by optimizing channel assignment within large apertures. In: Proc., 8th IEEE Design Automation Workshop, pp. 155–169 (1971)Google Scholar
- 17.Talmaciu, M.: Decomposition problems in the graph theory with applications in combinatorial optimization - Ph. D. Thesis, University "Al. I. Cuza" Iasi, Romania (2002)Google Scholar