A Young measure approach to a nonlinear membrane model — Lecture III
An integral representation of a relaxed functional deduced via 3D–2D dimension reduction is obtained in terms of a special class of parameterized probability measures (bending Young measures).
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Bocea, M., Young measure minimizers in the asymptotic analysis of thin films. Scientific Report 03-CNA-002, Center for Nonlinear Analysis, Carnegie Mellon University (2003).Google Scholar
- Bouchitté, G., Fonseca, I., Mascarenhas, M.L., Bending Moment in Membrane Theory. Scientific Report 02-CNA-016, Center for Nonlinear Analysis, Carnegie Mellon University (2002).Google Scholar
- Dacorogna, B., Direct Methods in the Calculus of Variations, Springer-Verlag, 1989.Google Scholar
- Pedregal, P., Parametrized mesures and Variational Principles, Birkhäuser, Boston, 1997.Google Scholar
- Tartar, L., Compensated compactness and applications to partial differential equations, in Nonlinear Analysis and Mechanics: Heriot-Watt Symposium, R. Knops, ed., Vol. IV, Pitman Res. Notes Math., 39, Longman, Harlow, U.K., 1979, 136–212.Google Scholar
- Tartar, L., The compensated compactness method applied to systems of conservation laws, in Systems of Nonlinear Partial Differential Equations, J. M. Ball, ed., D. Riebel, Dordrecht, 1983.Google Scholar
- Young, L. C., Lectures on the calculus of variations and optimal control theory. Saunders, 1969 (reprinted by Chelsea, 1980).Google Scholar