Second Order Optimality Conditions for Singular Extremals
We consider the class of optimal control problems, linear in the control, with control bounded by linear inequalities, and with terminal equality and inequality constraints. Both control and state variables are multidimensional, and the examined control is totally singular.
For such problems we suggest quadratic-order necessary and sufficient conditions for a weak and so-called Pontryagin minimum, which is a minimum of intermediate type between classic weak and strong minima. Necessary conditions transform into sufficient ones only by strengthening an inequality, what is similar to conditions in the classical analysis and calculus of variations (close pairs of conditions).
KeywordsSingular extremal weak and Pontryagin minimum quadratic order of estimation necessary and sufficient conditions third variation of Lagrange function
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.A.A. Milyutin. Quadratic conditions of an extremum in smooth problems with a finite-dimensional image, in “Metody teorii ekstremal’nyh zadach v ekonomike”, “Nauka”, Moscow, 1981, pp. 138–177, (in Russian).Google Scholar
- 4.J.P. McDanell, W.F. Powers. AIAA Journal, 1970, 8:8.Google Scholar
- 5.J.L. Speyer, D.H. Jacobson. J. Math. Analysis and Appl., 1971, 33:1.Google Scholar
- 6.R. Gabasov, F.M. Kirillova, “Singular optimal controls”, “Nauka”, Moscow, 1973.Google Scholar
- 9.M.I. Zelikin. Soviet Math. Doklady, 1982, 267:3 (in Russian).Google Scholar
- 11.N.P. Osmolovskii. Soviet Math. Doklady, 1988, 303:5 (in Russian).Google Scholar
- 12.A.V. Dmitruk. Soviet Math. Doklady, 1977, 18:2.Google Scholar
- 13.A.V. Dmitruk. Soviet Math. Doklady, 1983, 28:2.Google Scholar
- 14.A.V. Dmitruk. Mathematics of the USSR, Izvestija, 1987, 28:2 and 1988, 31:1.Google Scholar
- 15.A.V. Dmitruk. Siberian Math. Journal, 1990, 31:2.Google Scholar