Kronecker Type Convolution of Function Vectors with one Refinable Factor
The aim of this paper is the further investigation of some of the properties being preserved when convolving two function vectors. This work follows the investigations in  of convolved refinable function vectors i.e.,function vectors which are solutions of matrix refinement equations. Here, going further, we consider also the case where only one factor of the convolution is refinable showing how the properties of the unique refinable vector can be still used to define a subdivision-like algorithm.
KeywordsFunction Vector Subdivision Scheme Refinable Function Matrix Sequence Shift Invariant Space
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- M. Charina, C. Conti, K. Jetter: Image data compression with three-directional splines, in: Proceedings of the SPIE conference ‘Wavelets Application in Signal and Image Processing VIII’, A. Aldroubi, A. F. Laine, M. Unser (eds.), San Diego, to appear (2000).Google Scholar
- A. Cohen, N. Dyn, D. Levin: Stability and inter-dependence of matrix subdivision schemes, in: Advanced Topics in Multivariate Approximation, F. Fontanella, K. Jetter, P. J. Laurent (eds.), World Scientific, Singapore 1996, pp. 33–45.Google Scholar
- C. Conti, K. Jetter: A note on convolving refinable function vectors,in: Curve and Surface Fitting: Saint-Malo 1999, A. Cohen, C. Rabut, L. L. Schumaker (eds.), Vanderbilt University Press, Nashville 2000, pp. 135–142.Google Scholar
- C. Conti: Convergence of Convolved Vector Subdivision Schemes, Technical Report, 2000.Google Scholar
- N. Dyn: Subdivision schemes in computer-aided geometric design, in: Advances in Numerical Analysis, Vol. II: Wavelets, Subdivision Algorithms and Radial Basis Functions, W. Light (ed.), Clarendon Press, Oxford 1992, pp. 36–104.Google Scholar
- X. Guillet: Interpolation by new families of B-splines on uniform meshes of the plane, in: Surface Fitting and Multiresolution Methods, A. Le Méhauté, C. Rabut, L. L. Schumaker (eds.), World Scientific, Singapore 1997, pp. 183–190.Google Scholar
- C. A. Micchelli, T. Sauer: On Vector Subdivision, Math. Z., to appear.Google Scholar
- S. D. Riemenschneider, Z.-W. Shen, Box splines,cardinal series, and wavelets, in: Approximation Theory and Functional Analysis, C. K. Chui (ed.), Academic Press, San Diego 1991, pp. 133–149.Google Scholar
- P. Sablonnière: B-splines on uniform meshes of the plane, in: Advanced Topics in Multivariate Approximation, F. Fontanella, K. Jetter, P. J. Laurent (eds.), World Scientific, Singapore 1996, pp. 323–337.Google Scholar