Applications of a Local Energy Method to Systems of PDE’s Involving Free Boundaries
No global information, like boundary conditions or boundedness of the domain, is needed.
No monotonicity assumption on the nonlinearities is required, as the comparison principle is not invoked.
Coefficients may depend on space and time variables and only a weak regularity is required.
No restriction on the space dimension is assumed.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.S. N. Antontsev, On the localization of solutions of nonlinear degenerate elliptic and parabolic equations, Soviet Math. Dokl., 24,2 (1981), 420–424.Google Scholar
- 2.S. N. Antontsev, J. I. Díaz and S. I. Shmarev.Energy methods for free boundary problems in continuum mechanics. To appear in Birkhäuser, 2000.Google Scholar
- 3.F. Bernis, Compactness of the support for some nonlinear elliptic problems of arbitrary order in dimension n, Comm. P. D. E., 9 (1984), 271–312.Google Scholar
- 5.J. I. Díaz, G. Galiano and A. Jüngel, On a quasilinear degenerate system arising in semiconductors theory. Part II: Localization of vacuum solutions,Nonlinear Analysis, 36, 5 (1998), 569–594.Google Scholar
- 7.C. J. van Duijn, G. Galiano and M. A. Peletier, A diffusion-convection problem with drainage arising in the ecology of mangroves. Interfaces and Free Boundaries, Vol. 3, 15–44, 2001.Google Scholar
- 8.G. GalianoSpatial and time localization of solutions of the Boussinesq system with nonlinear thermal diffusion. Nonlinear Analysis, Vol. 42, N° 3, 423–438, 2000.Google Scholar
- 9.G. Galiano and M. A. PeletierSpatial localization for a general reaction-diffusion system, Annales de la Faculté des Sciences de Toulouse, VII, 3 (1998), 419–441.Google Scholar
- 10.S. I. ShmarevLocal properties of solutions of nonlinear equation of heat conduction with absorption, Dinamika Sploshnoi Sredy, 95 (1990), 28–42.Google Scholar