Part of the Progress in Mathematics book series (PM, volume 202)
Some Aspects of Mean Curvature Flow in Presence of Nonsmooth Anisotropies
We discuss some aspects of motion by mean curvature of hypersurfaces in presence of nonsmooth anisotropies. We include the crystalline case in three dimensions.
KeywordsCurvature Flow Finsler Geometry Normal Vector Field Dimensional Hausdorff Measure Regular Flow
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- G. Bellettini,M. Novaga and M. PaoliniOn a crystalline variational problemArch. Rational Mech. Anal, to appear.Google Scholar
- G. Bellettini, M. Novaga and M. Paolini, Characterization of facets breaking for non-smooth mean curvature flow in 3D in the convex case, Interfaces and Free Boundaries, to appear.Google Scholar
- G. Bellettini, M. Paolini and S. Venturini, Some results on surface measures in the calculus of variations, Ann. Mat. Pura Appl., CLXX (1996), 329–359.Google Scholar
- H. Brezis, Operateurs Maximaux Monotones et Semi-groupes de Contractions Dans les Espaces de Hilbert, North-Holland Mathematics Studies, 1973.Google Scholar
- M.-H. Giga and Y. Giga, Crystalline and level set flow-convergence of a crystalline algorithm for a general anisotropie curvature flow in the plane, Free boundary problems: theory and applications, I (Chiba 1999), 64–79, GAKUTO Internat. Ser. Math. Sc. Appl., 13, Gakkutosho, Tokyo, 2000.Google Scholar
- Y. Giga and M. E. Gurtin, A comparison theorem for crystalline evolutions in the plane, Quarterly of Applied Mathematics, IV (1996), 727–737.Google Scholar
- M. Paolini and F. Pasquarelli, Numerical simulations of crystalline curvature flow in 3D by interface diffusion, in: Free Boundary Problems: theory and applications II, GAKUTO Intern. Ser. Math. Sci. Appl. 14 (N. Kenmochi ed.), Gakkötosho (2000), 376–389, to appear.Google Scholar
- J. E. Taylor, Complete catalog of minimizing embedded crystalline cones, Proc. Symposia Math., 44 (1986), 379–403.Google Scholar
- J. E. Taylor, II-Mean curvature and weighted mean curvature, Acta Metall. Mater., 40 (1992), 1475–1485.Google Scholar
- J. Yunger, Facet stepping and motion by crystalline curvature, Ph.D. Thesis, Rutgers University (1998).Google Scholar
© Springer Basel AG 2001