The Balian–Low Theorem for the Windowed Clifford–Fourier Transform
In this chapter, we provide the definition of the Clifford–Zak transform associated with the discrete version of the kernel of a windowed Clifford– Fourier transform. We proceed with deriving several important properties of such a transform. Finally, we establish the Balian–Low theorem for a Clifford frame under certain natural assumptions on the window function.
KeywordsClifford–Zak transform Clifford frame Balian–Low theorem Clifford–Fourier transform windowed Clifford–Fourier transform.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- M. Bahri. Generalized Fourier transform in Clifford algebra CL(0, 3). Far East Journal of Mathematical Science, 44(2):143–154, Sept. 2010.Google Scholar
- R. Balan. Extensions of no-go theorems to many signal systems. In A. Aldroubi and E.B. Lin, editors, Wavelets, Multiwavelets, and Their Applications, volume 216 of Contemporary Mathematics, pages 3–14. American Mathematical Society, 1998.Google Scholar
- F. Brackx, R. Delanghe, and F. Sommen. Clifford Analysis, volume 76. Pitman, Boston, 1982.Google Scholar
- [1 1 ] T. Bülow, M. Felsberg, and G. Sommer. Non-commutative hypercomplex Fourier transforms of multidimensional signals. In G. Sommer, editor, Geometric computing with Clifford Algebras: Theoretical Foundations and Applications in Computer Vision and Robotics, pages 187–207, Berlin, 2001. Springer.Google Scholar
- T. Bülow and G. Sommer. Quaternionic Gabor filters for local structure classification. In Proceedings Fourteenth International Conference on Pattern Recognition, volume 1, pages 808–810, 16–20 Aug 1998.Google Scholar
- W. Czaja and A.M. Powell. Recent developments in the Balian–Low theorem. In C. Heil, editor, Harmonic Analysis and Applications, pages 79–100. Birkhäuser, Boston, 2006.Google Scholar
- I. Daubechies. Ten Lectures on Wavelets. Society for Industrial and Applied Mathematics, 1992.Google Scholar
- J. Ebling and G. Scheuermann. Clifford Fourier transform on vector fields. IEEE Transactions on Visualization and Computer Graphics, 11(4):469–479, JulyAug. 2005.Google Scholar
- J. Ebling and J. Scheuermann. Clifford convolution and pattern matching on vector fields. In Proceedings IEEE Visualization, volume 3, pages 193–200, Los Alamitos, CA, 2003. IEEE Computer Society.Google Scholar
- M. Felsberg. Low-Level Image Processing with the Structure Multivector. PhD thesis, Christian-Albrechts-Universität, Institut für Informatik und Praktische Mathematik, Kiel, 2002.Google Scholar
- K. Gröchenig. Foundations of Time-Frequency Analysis. Applied and Numerical Harmonic Analysis. Birkhäuser, Boston, 2001.Google Scholar
- B. Mawardi, E. Hitzer, and S. Adji. Two-dimensional Clifford windowed Fourier transform. In E. Bayro-Corrochano and G. Scheuermann, editors, Applied Geometric Algebras in Computer Science and Engineering, pages 93–106. Springer, London, 2010.Google Scholar
- M. Porat, Y.Y. Zeevi, and M. Zibulski. Multi-window Gabor schemes in signal and image representations. In H.G. Feichtinger and T. Strohmer, editors, Gabor Analysis and Algorithms, pages 381–408. Birkhäuser, 1998.Google Scholar
- S.J. Sangwine and T.A. Ell. Hypercomplex Fourier transforms of color images. In IEEE International Conference on Image Processing (ICIP 2001), volume I, pages 137–140, Thessaloniki, Greece, 7–10 Oct. 2001. IEEE.Google Scholar