Fractional Variational Calculus of Variable Order
We study the fundamental problem of the calculus of variations with variable order fractional operators. Fractional integrals are considered in the sense of Riemann–Liouville while derivatives are of Caputo type.
KeywordsFractional operators fractional integration and differentiation of variable order fractional variational analysis Euler–Lagrange equations.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- R. Almeida, A.B. Malinowska, D.F.M. Torres, A fractional calculus of variations for multiple integrals with application to vibrating string. J. Math. Phys. 51 (2010), 033503, 12 pp.Google Scholar
- J. Cresson, Fractional embedding of differential operators and Lagrangian systems. J. Math. Phys. 48 (2007), 033504, 34 pp.Google Scholar
- A.A. Kilbas, H.M. Srivastava, J.J. Trujillo, Theory and applications of fractional differential equations, North-Holland Mathematics Studies, 204, Elsevier, Amsterdam, 2006.Google Scholar
- M. Klimek, On solutions of linear fractional differential equations of a variational type. The Publishing Office of Czenstochowa University of Technology, Czestochowa, 2009.Google Scholar
- T. Odzijewicz, A.B. Malinowska, D.F.M. Torres, Fractional calculus of variations in terms of a generalized fractional integral with applications to physics, Abstr. Appl. Anal. 2012 (2012), Art. ID 871912, 24 pp.Google Scholar
- I. Podlubny, Fractional differential equations. Mathematics in Science and Engineering, 198, Academic Press, San Diego, CA, 1999.Google Scholar
- L.E.S. Ramirez, C.F.M. Coimbra, On the selection and meaning of variable order operators for dynamic modeling. Int. J. Differ. Equ. 2010 (2010), Art. ID 846107, 16 pp.Google Scholar
- F. Riewe, Nonconservative Lagrangian and Hamiltonian mechanics. Phys. Rev. E (3) 53 (1996), 1890–1899.Google Scholar
- F. Riewe, Mechanics with fractional derivatives. Phys. Rev. E (3) 55 (1997), 3581– 3592.Google Scholar
- S.G. Samko, A.A. Kilbas, O.I. Marichev, Fractional integrals and derivatives, translated from the 1987 Russian original, Gordon and Breach, Yverdon, 1993.Google Scholar
- B. van Brunt, The calculus of variations. Universitext, Springer, New York, 2004.Google Scholar