Overview of Fractional h-difference Operators
Fractional difference operators and their properties are discussed. We give a characterization of three operators that we call Grünwald-Letnikov, Riemann-Liouville and Caputo like difference operators. We show relations among them. In the paper, linear fractional h-difference equations are described. We give formulas of solutions to initial value problems. Crucial formulas are gathered in the tables presented in the last section of the paper.
KeywordsFractional difference operator fractional difference equation fractional derivative.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- G.A. Anastassiou, Fractional Differentiation Inequalities, Research Monograph, Springer, New York 2009.Google Scholar
- D. Baleanu, K. Diethelm, E. Scalas, J.J. Trujillo, Fractional Calculus Models and Numerical Method. World Scientific Publishing, New York 2012.Google Scholar
- J. Čermák, T. Kisela, L. Nechvátal, Discrete Mittag-Leffler functions in linear fractional difference equations. Abst. Appl. Anal. (2011), 1–21.Google Scholar
- F. Chen, X. Luo, Y. Zhou, Existence results for nonlinear fractional difference equation. Advances in Difference Eq. article ID 713201, 12 p., doi: 10.1155/2011/713201 2011.
- M.T. Holm, The theory of discrete fractional calculus: Development and application. University of Nebraska – Lincoln 2011.Google Scholar
- T. Kaczorek, Positive 1D and 2D Systems Springer-Verlag, London 2002.Google Scholar
- K.S. Miller, B. Ross, Fractional difference calculus. Proceedings of the International Symposium on Univalent Functions, Fractional Calculus and their Applications, Nihon University, Kōriyama, Japan (1989), 139–152.Google Scholar
- K.S. Miller, B. Ross, An introduction to the fractional calculus and fractional differential equations Wiley, New York 1993.Google Scholar
- I. Podlubny, Fractional Differential Equations. AP, New York, NY 1999.Google Scholar
- S.G. Samko, A.A. Kilbas, O.I. Marichev, Fractional integrals and derivatives. Translated from the 1987 Russian original, Gordon and Breach, Yverdon 1993.Google Scholar
- D. Sierociuk, D. Dzieliński, Fractional Kalman filter algorithm for the states parameters and order of fractional system estimation. Int. J. Appl. Math. Comp. Sci. 16 (1) (2006), 129–140.Google Scholar