Negative Time Delay for Wave Reflection from a One-dimensional Semi-harmonic Well
It is reported that the phase time of particles which are reflected by a one-dimensional semi-harmonic well includes a time delay term which is negative for definite intervals of the incoming energy. In this interval, the absolute value of the negative time delay becomes larger as the incident energy becomes smaller. The model is a rectangular well with zero potential energy at its right and a harmonic-like interaction at its left.
KeywordsExactly solvable potentials phase time
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.J.G. Muga, R. Sala Mayato, and I.L. Egusquiza (Eds.) Time in Quantum Mechanics 2nd Edition, Springer, 2008.Google Scholar
- 2.J.G. Muga, A. Ruschhaupt, and A. del Campo (Eds.) Time in Quantum Mechanics Volume 2, Springer, 2010.Google Scholar
- 7.L. Brillouin, Wave Propagation and Group velocity, Academic Press, 1960.Google Scholar
- 14.L. Alonso-Silva, S. Cruz y Cruz, N. Fernández-García, and O. Rosas-Ortiz, preprint Cinvestav 2011.Google Scholar
- 15.R.M. Vetter, A. Haibel, and G. Nimtz, Negative phase time for scattering at quantum wells: A microwave analogy experiment, Phys. Rev. E 63 (2001) 046701, 5 pages.Google Scholar
- 16.J.G. Muga, I.L. Egusquiza, J.A. Damborenea, and F. Delgado, Bounds and enhancements for negative scattering time delays, Phys. Rev. A 66 (2002) 042115, 8 pages.Google Scholar
- 17.N. Fernández-García and O. Rosas-Ortiz, Rectangular Potentials in a Semi-Harmonic Background: Spectrum, Resonances and Dwell Time, SIGMA 7 (2011) 044, 17 pages.Google Scholar
- 18.J. Neg ro, L.M. Nieto, and O. Rosas-Ortiz, On a class of supersymmetric quantum mechanical singular potentials, in Foundations of Quantum Physics, R. Blanco et al. (Eds.), CIEMAT/RSEF, 2002.Google Scholar
- 19.M.G. Espinoza and P. Kielanowski, Unstable quantum oscillator, J. Phys. Conf. Ser. 128 (2008) 012037, 7 pages.Google Scholar
- 21.O. Rosas-Ortiz, N. Fernández-García, and S. Cruz y Cruz, A primer on Resonances in Quantum Mechanics, AIP CP 1077 (2008) 31.Google Scholar