Use of UAV to Resolve Construction Disputes
- 28 Downloads
Monitoring and inspection of buildings and structures using the classical method is the most labor-intensive. It is proposed to use modern and effective methods for measuring the work performed on an object under construction, which has a non-standard complex geometric shape. The topic of relevance of the use of unmanned aerial vehicles in construction has been developed. To solve this problem, we used modern technologies for building an orthophotomap, a 3D model of the object, and an unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV). The unmanned aerial vehicle made it possible to fulfill the production tasks set by the construction industry enterprise with a minimum number of labor resources. The need to perform this task arose in a dispute between the customer and the contractor about the volume of construction and installation work performed and the amount of their payment. The results of photo processing in the Agisoft Metashape software product are presented: an orthophotomap and a 3D model of the object are obtained. The resulting model was used to calculate the roof area of the water park to resolve a construction dispute between the customer and the contractor. The results obtained made it possible to assert that the considered option is a promising technology for survey and monitoring, including for resolving disputes in the construction industry and, in particular, conducting expert examinations.
KeywordsUAV Orthophotomap 3D model Aerial photo Building disputes Monitoring Evaluation
This work was realized under the support of the President Scholarship; in the framework of the Program of flagship university development on the base of the Belgorod State Technological University named after V G Shukhov, using equipment of High Technology Center at BSTU named after V G Shukhov.
- 1.Semenov, A.S., Slonich, K.A.: Survey of buildings and structures using unmanned aerial vehicles. Bull. BSTU Named After V.G. Shukhov 9, 160–163 (2017)Google Scholar
- 2.Use of UAV for the purposes of building, https://rusdrone.ru/otrasli/stroitelstvo/
- 3.Construction dispute resolution: types and features of conflict resolution. https://zen.yandex.ru/media/id/5b7432ee8b9f0300a913800e/razreshenie-stroitelnyh-sporov-vidy-i-osobennosti-razresheniia-konfliktov-5b745905f43a0900a9f12f2b
- 4.Dvoeglazov, N.V.: Protection of the rights of the customer of construction and installation works: control measurement as a source of evidence in disputes. Econ. Manage. Innov. Technol. 4 (2012). http://ekonomika.snauka.ru/2012/04/743
- 5.Shin, E.R., Shchekina, AYu., Cherkasov, R.A.: Technology for creating 1:500 scale topomaps based on data from the PHANTOM 4 quadcopter. Vector GeoSci. 2(1), 54–59 (2019)Google Scholar
- 6.Ermakova, Yu.A., Parfenyukova, E.A., Shirina, N.V.: The use of information systems and technologies for the creation of the inventory built-up areas. Bull. Belgorod State Technol. Univ. Named After V.G. Shukhov. 10, 257–261 (2017)Google Scholar
- 8.Eisenbeiß H.: UAV Photogrammetry, PhD Thesis, ETH Zurich, Switzerland (2009)Google Scholar
- 9.Gubarev, S.A., Kadina, N.S.: Verification of compliance of completed construction and installation works with the use of geodetic equipment. Vector GeoSci. 3(1), 89–92 (2020)Google Scholar
- 10.Ovchinnikova, N.G., Medvedkov, D.A.: Application of unmanned aerial vehicles for land management, cadastre and urban development. Econ. Ecol. Territ. Entities. 1(8) (2019). https://cyberleninka.ru/article/n/primenenie-bespilotnyh-letatelnyh-apparatov-dlya-vedeniya-zemleustroystva-kadastra-i-gradostroitelstva