- 30 Downloads
This chapter highlights the importance of the growing ties between Europe and the countries of Asia. The changing international political environment given the U.S.’s decreasing international commitments is highlighted in this chapter. The overviews of the constituent chapters of this edited volume is also discussed.
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank. (2020). Members and prospective members of the bank. Asian infrastructure investment bank. https://www.aiib.org/en/about-aiib/governance/members-of-bank. Accessed 15 July 2020.
- Christiansen, T., et al. (Eds.). (2013). The Palgrave handbook of EU-Asia relations. Palgrave Macmillan, UK.Google Scholar
- Gaens, B., & Khandekar, G. (Eds.). (2018). Inter-regional relations and the Asia-Europe Meeting (ASEM). Palgrave Macmillan.Google Scholar
- Garlick, J. (2020). The impact of China’s belt and road initiative: From Asia to Europe. Routledge.Google Scholar
- Giusti, S., & Mirkina, I. (Eds.). (2019). The EU in a trans-European space: External relations across Europe, Asia and the Middle East. Palgrave Macmillan.Google Scholar
- Halbertsma, T., & van der Harst, J. (Eds.). (2016). China, East Asia and the European Union: Strong economics, weak politics? Brill.Google Scholar
- Neumann, M. (Ed.). (2018). Democracy promotion and the normative power Europe framework. Springer.Google Scholar
- Novotny, D., & Portela, C. (Eds.) (2012). EU-ASEAN relations in the 21st century: Strategic partnership in the making. Palgrave Macmillan.Google Scholar
- Rong, X. (2016). Belt and road initiative: Interregional cooperation between Asia and Europe. World Scientific.Google Scholar
- Song, W., & Wang, J. (Eds.). (2019). The European union in the Asia-Pacific: Rethinking Europe’s strategies and policies. Manchester University Press.Google Scholar
- South China Morning Post. (2019, April 26). How China is looking beyond borders. South China Morning Post. https://multimedia.scmp.com/news/china/article/3007692/belt-and-road/index.html. Accessed 10 June 2020. Accessed 18 May 2020.
- UNESCO. (2020). About the silk roads. UNESCO. https://en.unesco.org/silkroad/about-silk-roads. Accessed 15 July 2020.
- Xing, L. (Ed.). (2018). Mapping China’s ‘one belt one road’ initiative. Palgrave Macmillan.Google Scholar
- Zou, K., et al. (Eds.). (2020). The 21st century maritime silk road: Challenges and opportunities for Asia and Europe. Routledge.Google Scholar