Simple Current-Controlled Memristor Emulators
- 38 Downloads
This chapter introduces three simple emulator circuits for the current-controlled memristor models. The proposed circuits consist of exponential amplifier, second-generation current conveyor (CCII), diode-connected transistors, and some passive elements to achieve the hysteresis behavior of the memristor in the I-V plane. These emulator circuits are realistic and straightforward compared to previously published circuits. Furthermore, these circuits can accurately imitate the nonlinear behavior of a memristor and satisfy the three fingerprints of the memristor. The proposed emulator circuits are very simple to implement in the lab for educational purposes. This chapter also presents the mathematical modeling and analysis of the proposed emulators. SPICE simulation and experimental results are also provided to validate the emulators.
KeywordsSimple memristor emulator Integrator Exponential amplifier Second-generation current conveyor (CCII) Current-controlled memristor Nonlinear memristive behavior Circuit realization of Memristor emulator Single CCII emulator circuit
- 107.Kolka, Z., Biolkova, V., & Biolek, D. (2014). On hybrid emulation of mem-systems. In IEEE Proceedings of the 2014 European modelling symposium, Computer Society, pp. 490–494.Google Scholar
- 108.Biolek, D., Bajer, J., Biolkova, V., & Kolka, Z. (2011). Mutators for transforming nonlinear resistor into memristor. In 20th European Conference on Circuit Theory and Design (ECCTD), IEEE, pp. 488–491.Google Scholar
- 118.Kumngern, M., & Moungnoul, P. (2015). A memristor emulator circuit based on operational transconductance amplifiers. In IEEE 12th International Conference on Electrical Engineering/Electronics, Computer, Telecommunications and Information Technology (ECTI-CON), pp. 1–5.Google Scholar
- 119.Alharbi, A. G., Fouda, M. E., & Chowdhury, M. H. (2015). A novel memristor emulator based only on an exponential amplifier and ccii+. In IEEE International Conference on Electronics, Circuits, and Systems (ICECS), pp. 376–379.Google Scholar
- 127.Alharbi, A. G., Fouda, M. E., & Chowdhury, M. H. (2015). Memristor emulator based on practical current controlled mode. In 58th International Midwest Symposium on Circuits and Systems (MWSCAS), IEEE, pp. 1–4.Google Scholar
- 138.Data Sheet AD844: Current Feedback Operational Amplifier (CFOA). Online. Available: www.analog.com. Accessed 26 Oct 2017.