Dynamic Ensemble Selection – Application to Classification of Cutting Tools
- 219 Downloads
In order to improve pattern recognition performance of an individual classifier an ensemble of classifiers is used. One of the phases of creating the multiple classifier system is the selection of base classifiers which are used as the original set of classifiers. In this paper we propose the algorithm of the dynamic ensemble selection that uses median and quartile of correctly classified objects. The resulting values are used to define the decision schemes, which are used in the selection of the base classifiers process. The proposed algorithm has been verified on a real dataset regarding the classification of cutting tools. The obtained results clearly indicate that the proposed algorithm improves the classification measure. The improvement concerns the comparison with the ensemble of classifiers method without the selection.
KeywordsEnsemble of classifiers Ensemble selection Cutting tool
This work was supported by the statutory funds of the Department of Systems and Computer Networks, Wroclaw University of Science and Technology and Institute of Computer Science, Kazimierz Wielki University.
- 3.Sagi, O., Rokach, L.: Ensemble learning: a survey. Wiley Interdisc. Rev. Data Min. Knowl. Disc. 8(4), e1249 (2018)Google Scholar
- 6.Tan, C., Ranjit, S.: An expert carbide cutting tools selection system for CNC lathe machine. Int. Rev. Mech. Eng. 6(7), 1402–1405 (2012)Google Scholar
- 7.Igari, S., Tanaka, F., Onosato, M.: Customization of a micro process planning system for an actual machine tool based on updating a machining database and generating a database oriented planning algorithm. In: ASME/ISCIE 2012 International Symposium on Flexible Automation, pp. 35–42. American Society of Mechanical Engineers Digital Collection (2012)Google Scholar
- 9.Rojek, I.: Technological process planning by the use of neural networks. AI EDAM 31(1), 1–15 (2017)Google Scholar
- 10.Dey, A., Shaikh, S.H., Saeed, K., Chaki, N.: Modified majority voting algorithm towards creating reference image for binarization. In: Kumar Kundu, M., Mohapatra, D.P., Konar, A., Chakraborty, A. (eds.) Advanced Computing, Networking and Informatics - Volume 1. SIST, vol. 27, pp. 221–227. Springer, Cham (2014). https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-07353-8_26CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 17.Black, J.T., Kohser, R.A.: DeGarmo’s Materials and Processes in Manufacturing. Wiley, Chichester (2017)Google Scholar