Where Is the Health Informatics Market Going?
- 749 Downloads
At an estimated annual growth rate of 13.74%, the global health informatics market can reach $123 billion, by 2025, figures that exemplify the development trends of an ever-growing industry. The authors decided to collect data from the general public through an anonymous survey on the subject of health informatics. This survey was developed on Google Forms and later sent to multiple recipients by email and shared on social networks. A total of 165 people, aged 16 to 81 years old, participated in this survey. 98.8% of the respondents consider response time in health a determining factor. 97.6% of the survey participants consider that it is possible to make more accurate and viable clinical diagnoses using health informatics. Furthermore, according to our survey, people do not mind mortgaging their personal data (which is known from the outset for its incalculable value) because they know that, in return, they will benefit from better living conditions. Three experts were also interviewed and according to one of them, one of the biggest challenges in health informatics is “understanding and detecting diseases long before they happen”. This interviewee also stressed the importance of artificial intelligence “in helping people to improve their health through indicators that alert and recommend certain habits and influence the improvement of people’s quality of life”. Finally, the emphasis needs to be on eliminating health costs and facilitating life for people with chronic diseases.
KeywordsHealth Informatics Patient Market Data
- 1.Global Healthcare Informatics Market worth $123.24 Billion by 2025 - CAGR: 13.74%: Global Market Estimates Research & Consultants. https://markets.businessinsider.com/news/stocks/global-healthcare-informatics-market-worth-123-24-billion-by-2025-cagr-13-74-global-market-estimates-research-consultants-1027348258. Accessed 3 Oct 2019
- 2.Rouleau, G., Gagnon, M., Côté, J.: Impacts of information and communication technologies on nursing care: an overview of systematic reviews (protocol). Syst. Rev. 4(75) (2015)Google Scholar
- 4.Report: Global Healthcare IT Market to Hit $280B by 2021. https://www.hcinnovationgroup.com/clinical-it/news/13028238/report-global-healthcare-it-market-to-hit-280b-by-2021. Accessed 5 Oct 2019
- 5.Hitt, M., Ireland, R., Hoskisson, R.: Strategic Management: Concepts. Competitiveness and Globalization, 9th edn. South-Western, Mason (2011)Google Scholar
- 6.Top 10 companies in healthcare IT market. https://meticulousblog.org/top-10-companies-in-healthcare-it-market/. Accessed 23 Oct 2019
- 7.Masic, I.: The history and new trends of medical informatics. Donald Sch. J. Ultrasound Obstet. Gynecol. 7(3), 72–83 (2013)Google Scholar
- 8.2018 Global Health Care Outlook: The evolution of smart health care. https://www2.deloitte.com/content/dam/Deloitte/global/Documents/Life-Sciences-Health-Care/gx-lshc-hc-outlook-2018.pdf. Accessed 27 Oct 2019
- 9.BMD. https://www.bmd-software.com/company/. Accessed 01 Nov 2019
- 10.van Houten, F.: https://www.philips.com/a-w/about/company/our-management/executive-committee/frans-van-houten.html. Accessed 01 Nov 2019
- 11.Hong, L., Luo, M., Wang, R., Lu, P., Lu, W.: Big data in health care: applications and challenges. Data Inf. Manag. 2(3), 175–197 (2018)Google Scholar
- 13.Royal Philips Q3 Comps. Up 6% - Quick Facts. https://www.nasdaq.com/articles/royal-philips-q3-comps.-up-6-quick-facts-2019-10-10. Accessed 01 Nov 2019
- 14.BMD Software. https://www.linkedin.com/company/bmd-software/about/. Accessed 01 Nov 2019