Robust Operational-Space Motion Control of a Sitting-Type Lower Limb Rehabilitation Robot
- 25 Downloads
This paper presents a robust motion control of a sitting-type lower limb rehabilitation robot (LLRR) in its operational-space. The mathematical background of the proposed robot is discussed and its motion control design in the task-space based on a double-loop control approach is derived herein along with its closed-loop system stability analysis. The motion tracking performance analysis of the proposed scheme is demonstrated using computer based numerical simulations. For numerical simulations and to validate the effectiveness of the motion control strategy, the clinically obtained test gait data is used for the desired motion trajectory of the lower limb rehabilitation robot.
KeywordsLimb rehabilitation Manipulator workspace Design of manipulators Parallel robot
This work was supported by the Russian Science Foundation, the agreement number 19-19-00692.
- 1.Samorodskaya, I.V., Zayratyants, O.V., Perkhov, V.I., Andreev, E.M., Vaisman, D.Sh.: Trends in stroke mortality rates in Russia and the USA over a 15-year period. Arch. Pathol. 80(2), 30–37 (2018)Google Scholar
- 2.Early rehabilitation of patients after acute ischemic stroke. Science and healthcare, 2 (2014)Google Scholar
- 3.Vashisht, N., Puliyel, J.: Polio programme: let us declare victory and move on. Indian J. Med. Ethics 9(2), 114–117 (2012)Google Scholar
- 4.Truelsen, T., Bonita, R.: The worldwide burden of stroke: current status and future projections. In: Handbook of Clinical Neurology, 3rd edn, vol. 92, pp. 327–336 (2009)Google Scholar
- 6.Stein, P.S.G., Stuart, D.G., Grillner, S., Selverston, A.I.: Neurons, Networks, and Motor Behavior. MIT Press, Cambridge (1999)Google Scholar
- 12.Evtushenko, Y., Posypkin, M., Turkin, A., Rybak, L.: The non-uniform covering approach to manipulator workspace assessment. In: Proceedings of the 2017 IEEE Russia Section Young Researchers in Electrical and Electronic Engineering Conference, El-ConRus 2017, pp. 386–389 (2017)Google Scholar
- 13.Rybak, L.A., Posypkin, M.A., Turkin, A.V.: Method for approximating the workspace of the parallel robot. Int. J. Pharmacy Technol. 8(4), 25045–25055 (2016)Google Scholar
- 14.Joumah, A.A., Albitar, C.: Design optimization of 6-RUS parallel manipulator using hybrid algorithm. Int. J. Inf. Technol. Comput. Sci. (IJITCS) 10(2), 83–95 (2018)Google Scholar