Why We Need Knowledge Graphs: Applications
- 1.6k Downloads
No matter how well curated and high quality Knowledge Graphs we build are, they are only as powerful as their applications. In this section we introduce concrete real-world use cases where Knowledge Graphs power dialog-based access to information and services. We do that by giving an overview of the existing chatbot and voice assistant market first and then demonstrating their limitations. We explain in which ways Knowledge Graphs can improve conversational interfaces with the help of pilots from different domains such as tourism and energy.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- S. Athanasiou, G. Giannopoulos, D. Graux, N. Karagiannakis, J. Lehmann, A.N. Ngomo, K. Patroumpas, M.A. Sherif, D. Skoutas, Big POI data integration with linked data technologies, in Proceedings of the 22nd International Conference on Extending Database Technology (EDBT2019), Lisbon, Portugal, 26–29 March 2019a. OpenProceedings.org
- E. Marx, T. Soru, D. Esteves, A.N. Ngomo, J. Lehmann, An open question answering framework, in Proceedings of the 14th International Semantic Web Conference (ISWC2015): Posters & Demonstrations Track, CEUR Workshop Proceedings, vol. 1486, Bethlehem, 11 October 2015Google Scholar
- U. Şimşek, E. Kärle, D. Fensel, RocketRML—a NodeJS implementation of a use-case specific RML mapper, in Proceedings of 1st Knowledge Graph Building Workshop Co-Located with the 16th Extended Semantic Web Conference (ESWC2019), CEUR Workshop Proceedings, Portoroz, Slovenia, 3 June 2019aGoogle Scholar
- K. Singh, A.S. Radhakrishna, A. Both, S. Shekarpour, I. Lytra, R. Usbeck, A. Vyas, A. Khikmatullaev, D. Punjani, C. Lange, M.E. Vidal, J. Lehmann, S. Auer, Why reinvent the wheel: let’s build question answering systems together, in Proceedings of the 2018 International World Wide Web Conference (WWW2018), Lyon, France, 23–27 April 2018Google Scholar
- S. Staab, R. Studer, Ontology Handbook (Springer, Berlin, 2010)Google Scholar
- World Travel & Tourism Council, Travel & Tourism Economic Impact 2018 World (2018). https://www.wttc.org/-/media/files/reports/economic-impact-research/regions-2018/world2018.pdf
- H. Zafar, G. Napolitano, J. Lehmann, Formal query generation for question answering over knowledge bases, in Proceedings of the 15th European Semantic Web Conference (ESWC2018), Hersonissos, Crete, 3–7 June 2018. Springer LNCS, vol. 10843Google Scholar