The Efficient Network Interoperability in IoT Through Distributed Software-Defined Network with MQTT
The IoT is an infrastructure of heterogeneous connected Things. The increase of different technologies used in IoT creates a high degree of heterogeneity at any level (device, network, middleware, application service, data, and semantics), thus bringing many challenges for ensuring interoperability.
In this sense, this paper presented network interoperability, which is the ability to exchange information between heterogeneous smart Things/devices used heterogeneous communication protocols, also to integrate new devices into any IoT network. That requires efficient and dynamic solutions to ensure interoperability of this level. To deal with the IoT network heterogeneity challenge we propose an architecture solution that ensures networking interoperability using Distributed Software-defined networking (SDN) incorporate with MQTT (Message Queuing Telemetry Transport). In this architecture the control plan managed by several controllers and each of these controllers is responsible for the management of a particular domain of the IoT network and the exchange of information with the controllers of another domain of the same level. In addition, a powerful, high-level controller. That has a global view to manage and control entire architecture. It also equipped with the MQTT protocol, which offers a lot of advantages.
KeywordsInteroperability IoT MQTT Network interoperability SDN
- 4.Dhivya, V., Singh, A.K.: Internet of Things : a survey of the advancements. Int. J. Eng. Technol. 7, 255–259 (2018)Google Scholar
- 6.Rathod, D.: Survey of Middlewares for Internet of Things. In: International Conference on Recent Trends in Advance Computing, pp. 129–135 (2018)Google Scholar
- 7.Hatzivasilis, C., The, G.O., Hatzivasilis, G., Askoxylakis, I.: City Research Online City. University of London Institutional Repository the Interoperability of Things : 2600, pp. 0–2 (2018). https://doi.org/10.1109/CAMAD.2018.8514952
- 9.Noura, M., Gaedke, M., Atiquzzaman, M., Chemnitz, T.U.: Interoperability in Internet of Things infrastructure : classification, challenges, and future work interoperability classification in IoT (2018)Google Scholar
- 11.Valdivieso, L., Torres, R.V.: SDN/NFV architecture for IoT networks SDN/NFV architecture for IoT networks (2018). https://doi.org/10.5220/0007234804250429